• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another RondoMusic V...

http://www.rondomusic.com/product1733.html
    and
    http://www.rondomusic.com/product1760.html

Douglas SR-1 White

I hate to say it, but I almost want to buy and try one of these out....
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Maybe without the pinstriping, I'd like it, more. It's just trying too hard, to be a Rhoads, WITH the pinstriping. Then you look at the inlays, that look f@#&ed up, as well as the headstock. Maybe if it was just solid colored, my mind wouldn't want to compare it, so much, to the original, ya know?
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

looks good. too bad while copying, they forgot to copy the placement of the output jack. they put it on the lower wing instead of the upper.

also, someone should tell them that its 'mahogany' and not 'mahoganny' ...or maybe it IS mahoganny and that's one of the reasons why the guitars are so cheap.
      Last edited by emperor_black; 04-14-2008, 03:10 PM.
      Sam

Comment

Speaking about Rondo there is a write up about the SX SJM 62 in GuitarPlayer mag "The ultimate Guide to Pedalboards" giving the SX good reviews... I know it's not a douglas but.. hey
        2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
        2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
        2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
        2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
        2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
        2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
        2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
        2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
        2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
        1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
        1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Someone else said they bought one of the strats and it was pretty decent. I'm kind of curious, that double neck they have looks pretty sweet. I'm afraid to drop the money when I have a new amp head i need to buy though.
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Rondo also has those Agile 7-stringers. Which have gotten good praise on the SeventhString.org

Comment

I've got an older Agile LP model and a couple of AL's (Korean), a couple of Brice basses (Korean), a bass and a Tele under the SX (Chinese) brand. The house brand pickups on the guitars weren't very compelling, but otherwise pretty decent stuff.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

There are a few SX models floating around here. The kids wanting a guitar and parents not wanting to drop a lot of cash on them until they see if Little Johnny sticks w/it. They are what they are. Most play and feel OK. Treat them as a kit or project and they can hang. My fav is the double fat Strat. As mentioned, the pickups are crap. Rip them out, replace the electronics, Put on a better set of tuners and restring. If that still keeps you w/in the reasonable budget you have in mind, they are fine for the most part.

If you want an inexpensive V copy that looks more like a traditional Gibby, Davison isn't a horrible choice as a project piece. Their other models of Gibby copies look pretty good too. And most are well within fett prices for new ones.

I can't pull brand snob rank on the cheap guitar front. I like them a lot. There is something about taking what is thought of as a lemon and making into lemon aid that satisfies me. OR, maybe I just haven't come to terms yet w/the fact that I might like being pissed on?
                In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

Hell, the price is right...fuggit.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Comment

It has binding and MOP inlays!

If it's anything like the Hawker I got, it should be nice.

Comment

If it helps somebody emulate Randy and gets them into playing, I'm all for it.
                        Damn shame that Fender missed the boat by not providing what a small guy like Kurt can. From what I have heard the SX's have a better fit and finish than the JS series.
                        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by clomon View Post
                          There ya go! Cool pic! Looks like you can shred there son!

Comment

The only thing I don't like and keeps me from buying one is the fact that it's a straight jack.....Must be very uncomfortable to play while sitting down.
                            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

its ok to play siting down. i will post a video of it threw my marshall in a few. i just learned the national anthem zakk style so ill shoot it!i also changed the pickups out for a bill lawrance l500xl in the bridge and a custome wound ala sh-59 i made!

Comment

Working...
                              X