Mahog body

and this

US Masters
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MASTERS-DESI...QQcmdZViewItem

OFR
    24 frets
    Set neck
    Mahog body

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions of the guitars, as I can't find specific reviews for the models.

Alon

Well, i have the BC JRv Deluxe Version, and it's awesome, best guitar for the money i ever spent, seems equal to my RR1 in every way and 1/3 the cost. Full binding, abalone inlays, EMG's Real Floyd, Time will tell...
    I think those BC pickups are throw away, it doesn't say what the masters has, i couldn't find.
    I'd say it depends on the style you want.
    The masters does look pretty nice, great old school vibe, and upper access. I don't like the front jack tho.
    And since i own a Rich, i obviously like it, but this lesser version compared to the masters, Of these two, i'd take the Masters.
    Last edited by Trem; 04-05-2008, 02:13 AM.

Comment

That Masters V is smokin, 24 fret ebony board, and traditional style body. I like the B.C.R. but for tha scratch i'd take that Masters in a minute.

Comment

I have a US Master's Guitar, a Vector....

I got it for a song at the local GC ($450.00)...

http://www.usmasters.com/vector-catalog.htm

After owning it for five minutes, I quickly realized it is one of the best guitars I have ever played...It looks great, plays easy and sounds freaking AWESOME!

Just my .02...

Dan

Comment

I guess I will go for the Masters.
          Anyone know what type of pickups are those?

Comment

They're proprietary. Pretty hot, not bad at all. But I'm a mod-a-holic, so my VXtreme currently has the GFS Loudmouth set in it.

Hold out and the upgraded version of the VXtreme — figured Maple top, Abalone inlay, binding, gold hardware — is supposed to come available in a couple months. Call Metal Shop Music in Florida and they might have a more specific date as to when.
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I actually prefer the pure black/black hardware combo.
              I will probably get the black/chrome hardware one and black it out with new black hardware, an X2N in the bridge and a neck pickup i havent decided on yet.

Comment

I've had 2 US Masters guitars - both were absolutely TOP NOTCH.

Comment

The guitar in question is not a US though. How big is the difference?

Comment

The BCR is pointier. But then I'd rather wait for the 2008 version with ASM headstock.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Chapov View Post
                      I actually prefer the pure black/black hardware combo.
                      I will probably get the black/chrome hardware one and black it out with new black hardware, an X2N in the bridge and a neck pickup i havent decided on yet.
                      The imported Masters Design (not US Masters) VXtreme is not black. It's "Pearl Black" which is a gunmetal grey.

And the only neck pickup I've found to match with an X2N is the Super-2.

Comment

The US Masters also says it's made by the same people who make the OFR, but the trem doesn't seem to be stamped as a Floyd. The BC Rich comes with a true OFR and is neck thru as opposed to set. Also, it's $100 cheaper. I have played the Rich and it is pretty bitchin. The neck is thicker than my RR1 but it still played really nice.

Comment

I would get the Master since I don't like that headstock on the Rich... where you the one thet got it? or someone beet you too it.
                          '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                          '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                          custom made Les Paul
                          VOX Tonelab LE
                          Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                          ADA MP1
                          BBE 422A
                          Lexicon MPX-G2
                          ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                          Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by JerEvil View Post
                            The US Masters also says it's made by the same people who make the OFR, but the trem doesn't seem to be stamped as a Floyd.
                            The Masters Design guitars are made in Korea, by the same company that made Deans up until Dean had to find a cheaper manufacturer in order to afford Dave Mustaine. Their version of the Floyd has Zinc alloy saddles, which is supposed to sound warmer than the steel of the OFR (I keep changing pickups, so it's hard to say). It's every bit as reliable for tuning stability, I can tell you that. But it has that stupid screw-in arm like on a vintage trem. Stew-Mac sells the proper replacement arm, but still...

Comment

I loved the old school screw in, in fact i think the new style sucks, doesn't feel solid. I hated when they changed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X