X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guitar is nicer than anything Jackson has ever built

This forum does not deserve the pics

Last edited by sakeido; 04-04-2008, 10:42 PM.

Meh...

Comment

You don't really get around much do you.

Comment

Looks like one of those cheap Ibanez you can buy at GC for $300.

Comment

It's a Blackmachine. Small runs made in the UK. Nice craftsmanship. All natural with respect to woods and finishes. Really lets you hear the wood's voice. High demand for them by 7-stringers as well as low-tuners. Too costly. especially with the US Dollar tanking everywhere. Somewhere in the 2.5k USD range.

Comment

ew.. what a pos
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
              ew.. what a pos
              I agree. Fugly beyond belief.

"This guitar is nicer than anything Jackson has ever built"
              That is a wild boast. ^^^^^
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

looks like a cheap nez

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                  It's a Blackmachine. Small runs made in the UK. Nice craftsmanship. All natural with respect to woods and finishes. Really lets you hear the wood's voice. High demand for them by 7-stringers as well as low-tuners. Too costly. especially with the US Dollar tanking everywhere. Somewhere in the 2.5k USD range.
                  Try more like $5,000, and they are all custom one offs. At one point it was a two year wait to get one. They are so good only one or two has ever been sold secondhand.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
                    looks like a cheap nez
                    Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    Looks like one of those cheap Ibanez you can buy at GC for $300.
                    You guys wouldn't know a nice guitar if you were beaten to death with one then, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                      You don't really get around much do you.
                      I've been on here long enough to have figured out that the nicer the people on this forum think it is, the uglier it actually is to people with taste.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
                        Try more like $5,000, and they are all custom one offs. At one point it was a two year wait to get one. They are so good only one or two has ever been sold secondhand.
                        He recently (last 6 mos.) did a small batch run and they were around 2.5k USD

I agree nice but overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                          He recently (last 6 mos.) did a small batch run and they were around 2.5k USD

I agree nice but overpriced.
                          I have one of those (the B6) on order, sent my deposit the day he unveiled them, and when my buddy gets this B7 in if it plays and sound as good as it looks I may place an order for one of these as well.
                          The B6 costs as much as a USA Select but is handbuilt... so the price on that is quite fair. The B7 features a lot of things you just can't get from Jackson, period, like the ebony top and rosewood neck, and there are very very few builders who can build those things at all, so the premium for one of those is fair as well.

Comment

Looks like it started out as a bent top and then he realized you cannot steam and form Ebony to match that kind of curve without cracking it.
                            So what does he do??? He fills in the bent top with some scrap to convert it to a flat top and then puts the Ebony on top.
                            Nice idea, but poorly executed.

Does nothing for me, but to each his own I guess.
                            -Rick

Comment

and uglier.

Comment

Working...
                              X