Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picked up another guitar. Ibanez (cheapo, but nice)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up another guitar. Ibanez (cheapo, but nice)

Did some trading, came up with this gem. I realize it's not a high dollar Ib, but you should PLAY her. SWEET!! Once I cleaned it up, and tossed some new strings on her and set her up, WOW. You should have seen what it was like when I got it. No way the strings were changed in the last couple of years. Yuck. But, dude I got it from was cool to deal with and it was a smooth transaction, and I might have found a jammin buddy.
    Anyway...on to the pics.

I don't know who did the paint job, but it's not quite as bad as it looks. It used to be red. I unblocked the trem and it works great. He also added some nice Schaller tuners on it.
    It just feels broke in and comfortable. Tone's not bad either..of course I'll be lookin for an X2N for this one too

Congrats! The EX series was a decent series. And everyone should have at least one maple boarded guitar. Enjoy.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

that's a cool guitar! who cares how much it cost if it plays great and sounds good? Great score!
      "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Those are great players for sure.Get an rsguitarworks pot upgrade kit and it will give it some great tone.
        I did a complete overhaul to one of these for a kid down the street.New 6100 frets a good cleaning killer set up and RS kit and wow its a monster.
        Good score Jeri.
        The necks on these are thicker than a wizard and very comfy.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats Jeri, nice guitar! It will make a great change of pace for you too - a guitar you can play sitting down, without a strap!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Nice score. I like the EX necks better then the wizard II necks. They are a little different in specs but a lot better in feal. I thought those pups were great too.

Comment

cool, Jer. If you dig it, that's all that counts.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

pretty cool. kinda like the namm08 mad max charvel. only not ridiculously overpriced.

Comment

Sweet!
                  I'm digging the axe in general, and the middle SD in particular!
                  Is that a 'Lil 59?
                  Nice axe... enjoy!!!
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Welcome to the 'bez club!
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Looks like a cool find. Is that a Lo-TRS trem? How is it holding up? Nice RRs too!!

Comment

cool, how do you like the maple board? They were addicting for me

Everyone needs to have an S shaped guitar
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Isaac, I'm not sure what the trem is..it's not bad. Thanks for the RR props, those are "it" for me!! Love em.
                          Shawn, I forgot how much I like maple boards..this thing is awesome. I really like the "snappiness" and comfort of the board, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                          X