What kind of neck is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of neck is this?

Anybody? It's definately old, but I know (or at least I think I know) it's not a Charvel.

Neck

Body

Guitar (black one)
    My clips of various amps.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Why not ask the guy you bought it from?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr View Post
      Why not ask the guy you bought it from?
      Because he doesn't know.

Comment

Not enough funk in the neck pocket to be real old.
        Pull the neck on the blue one and see what marking are on it.
        The neck looks old tho' at least the back side of it does look worn.
        I think they both look great that was a good score.
        I love the blue one when you get ready to unload it P.M.me.
        Last edited by straycat; 03-26-2008, 12:04 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Those are the guitars that were sold on ebay recently. The story I read was that they were unknown bodies with Musikraft necks....
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

They are probably Musikraft bodies and necks.Musikraft has had some problems with their necks lately frets lifting and necks going south so keep an eye on them.
            The truss rod plugs are different and one has a rounded end 21 fret while the other is flat on the end and 22 fret.
            My guess the black one is just a Fender clone with a Charvel logo deff not a prepro.
            The blue one is the tits whatever it is.
            Last edited by straycat; 03-26-2008, 12:20 AM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Gotta love the '82 date in the pocket. Whoa. What some people will do.
              "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                Gotta love the '82 date in the pocket. Whoa. What some people will do.
                & the SS intials w/WO #. WHo ever assembled them knew exactly what they were doing & went thru alot of effort to make them appear to be charvels. can u post a pic of the truss rod nut. I'll take a guess both neck have 2 3/16" heals too. im fairly sure the seller knew exactly what he was selling.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                  & the SS intials w/WO #. WHo ever assembled them knew exactly what they were doing & went thru alot of effort to make them appear to be charvels. can u post a pic of the truss rod nut. I'll take a guess both neck have 2 3/16" heals too. im fairly sure the seller knew exactly what he was selling.
                  I did measure the heal, and I found it to be 2 1/8, but I just use a crappy tape measure. It probably is 2 3/16. Before I order a new body for it, I'll measure it with my metal ruler for better acuracy. I really want to take the neck off the purple one too, but it plays and sounds so damn good right now, I don't want to touch it, lol.

Comment

My strat is that same blue/purple color. Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                      Because he doesn't know.

I'm guessing those necks are flamed Peckerwood, very rare, and very resonant

You done good with those, J.B. - good bang for the buck no matter what they are. I do agree with the comments about somebody knowing exactly what they were doing....

Speaking of flamed Peckerwood - has anybody heard from Chuckracer ???????
                      Last edited by speed monkey; 03-28-2008, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speed monkey View Post
                        I'm guessing those necks are flamed Peckerwood, very rare, and very resonant

You done good with those, J.B. - good bang for the buck no matter what they are. I do agree with the comments about somebody knowing exactly what they were doing....

Speaking of flamed Peckerwood - has anybody heard from Chuckracer ???????
                        Acually, I think it's standard aged peckerwood. Ready to sell me the GMW yet?

Comment

So your interested in a GMW

I may have something you might find to your liking. It'll cost you though.

let me know if your really interested

Comment

it is a nice one non the less. hope you got a good deal.
                            "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

The first batch of Musicraft necks had that center recess drill dimple and stamped numbers. I owned own a few from the first batch. They were also oiled with coffee grinds to age them.
                              It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

Working...
                              X