Dean V "White Gold"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
    must not be that important if there is no documentation.
    its mostly common knowledge stuff now...

what documentation do you need? i mean seriously

Comment

not trying to pick a fight, but I could not even find info on the Dean Forum.

You could start by pointing us there I suppose. "Common knowledge" huh or "hear say"?

Comment

considering the mods did a massive purge of anything and anyone who wasnt a pro-dean ballwasher, it wouldnt surprise me if any information discussed in length on the matter was wiped out...

have you compared the weight between a USA mahogany guitar and a dean import? its a huge leap
        Last edited by Mat; 03-24-2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Yes, I have 4 Gibsons (two LP's, an Explorer and an SG). My Icon, similar size to an SG, the Dean Icon is heavier. The Explorer is a beast, but the Dimo-o-Flame is not much lighter.

My point was and is this, don't throw rocks at them with "I heard" or "I read". How about 1. playability 2. Tone 3. Value.

BTW...I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories....

Comment

dean icons were made in the czech republic i believe; real mahogany and ebony boards (i can attest to that as i own a czech cadillac)

there is no conspiracy theory as far as the pauwlina goes. its just a fact. do you honestly think cheap korean made guitars would have expensive woods in them? even dean USAs are made of cheaper african mahogany...

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
              dean icons were made in the czech republic i believe; real mahogany and ebony boards (i can attest to that as i own a czech cadillac)

there is no conspiracy theory as far as the pauwlina goes. its just a fact. do you honestly think cheap korean made guitars would have expensive woods in them? even dean USAs are made of cheaper african mahogany...
              Once again, bad info. The Icon model was made in both Korea and the Czech Republic. I made a thread on the Dean website. Lots of info from users there and guess what....THE MODS DID NOT DELETE THE THREAD.

Comment

Weight has nothing to do with whether a guitar is mahogany or something else. All woods vary greatly in density from tree to tree, and piece to piece. I have mahogany guitars that weigh a ton, and some that are reasonable lightweight, and are definitely mahogany. Besides that, light does not mean cheap or bad. Some of the best Strats I've ever played were light as a feather swamp ash. Resonance counts for a lot more than density.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by satch0922 View Post
                  Once again, bad info. The Icon model was made in both Korea and the Czech Republic. I made a thread on the Dean website. Lots of info from users there and guess what....THE MODS DID NOT DELETE THE THREAD.

what's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                    Weight has nothing to do with whether a guitar is mahogany or something else.\
                    are you seriously this slow?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
                      are you seriously this slow?
                      I'm sorry, did your boyfriend dump you, and you're stuck at home with nothing to do but be an internet know-it-all?
                      Last edited by zeegler; 03-26-2008, 10:39 PM.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Weight has nothing to do with whether a guitar is mahogany or something else. All woods vary greatly in density from tree to tree, and piece to piece. I have mahogany guitars that weigh a ton, and some that are reasonable lightweight, and are definitely mahogany. Besides that, light does not mean cheap or bad. Some of the best Strats I've ever played were light as a feather swamp ash. Resonance counts for a lot more than density.
                        I'd have to agree. My old Gibson Flying V was so light that I couldn't stand the lack of weight and sold it, while my LP Std was pretty heavy.

satch - I personally only lurk on the Dean board, mostly because 70% or above are 13 year old Dime fans who spend all their time and money on limited runs and the internet forums, but if you want an example of Dean misrepresentation - look at the White / Black Gold series.

All have the inlays listed as "Pearl Block". Look at them in real life, they are 100% pearloid. It's getting so bad cos these kids just swallow everything
                        Dean tells them, and in the end they have no clue what the fuck pearl or pearloid is, or that there even is a difference.

Nothing against Dean, I've had my share of em, and I'm a fan. Just don't go in with your eyes closed is all I'm saying.

Comment

I'm sorry, did your boyfriend dump you, and you're stuck at home with nothing to do but be an internet know-it-all?
                          ...no?

Comment

Wow, I read that thread in the Dean forum.

3 or 4 posts down and they're infighting, and basically no one knows jack, but some of the older guys actually admit that they're probably not real mahogany.

So... what's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                              Wow, I read that thread in the Dean forum.

3 or 4 posts down and they're infighting
                              hey, at least you got some insight on OFR pricing when buying in bulk

Comment

Working...
                              X