Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Latest Axe-Quisition! Hamer Content.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Axe-Quisition! Hamer Content.....

Hey All- Picked up a new shred machine off of Craigslist. I searched high and low and finally found one on Craigslist in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I am in Phoenix. It is a Hamer USA SS1 (Steve Stevens signature model). The pickups are Di Marzios, since Steve was sponsored by them at the time. It has a genuine Floyd Rose. It hasn't been played for a long time. Condition is a strong 7.5 or 8.0. Picked it up for $600, which I think is pretty good. There have been none on EvilBay, and a one or two others on CL that were sold. This is the first year it was produced and it's a 22 fret which I prefer. The Di Marzios really kick some ass- I was happy because I'm usually sway towards Seymours. The SC middle and neck pickups produce some cool squealy tones. It's got another switch which I think is a splitter or a coil tap- just got it yesterday so I haven't got a chance to mess with it much. My plan is to disassemble it and lube and service the trem, clean it, and set it up for .010-,046 gauge strings.

Here's some pix:

[QUOTE=boogie1;1066961] It's got another switch which I think is a splitter or a coil tap- just got it yesterday so I haven't got a chance to mess with it much. My plan is to disassemble it and lube and service the trem, clean it, and set it up for .010-,046 gauge strings.

Great score, dude. I've got one in rougher condition than that, but
    I only paid 250 bucks for it. I think you'll dig the 10s on there. It's
    a 24.75" scale and those strings are perfect for it. Let me know what
    that extra switch does. I've played the guitar a lot, and I can't tell
    what it does. I think it may serve more than one function. It def.
    splits the bridge HB, but I notice in some settings I get an out-of-
    phase sound too?

Comment

Nice. I'm always a sucker for an 80s Hamer.

I believe the DiMarzios that Hamer used at the time were custom wound for them. They usually sound really good.

Oh and six bills was a steal--those are getting a bit scarce!
      This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Very nice one. I've not tried one of the SS models, been looking for one for a while though.
        Nice score, congrats.
        Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

I

I live right outside GR...and talked to the guy about that exact guitar. A little pricie...but being happy is what counts...

Comment

Great guitars. I bought mine new. Here it is.

Just one more guitar!

Comment

Oh man! Now I feel cheated! I didn't get the beautiful MOP inlays! Otherwise same as mine!

Comment

Nice find, in my backyard too!! I'm in Kalamazoo which is just south of Grand Rapids.

Comment

Inlays don't make the guitar sound or play any better. Get that thing set up and shred out the Top Gun theme song.

Comment

Working...
                  X