No announcement yet.

I placed an order for an Ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay then let me summon up the stupid comments in this thread...

Sonicsamurai: " ...a what?who?...oh that guy from mars volta? The single got rails bugs me. Its such an odd choice of pickup config to me."
    - coming from a guy who has a single pickup Rhoads in his avatar.

Thunderhead: "The singer needs a haircut"
    - So how many guys who's music you really dig have long hair? And how many times did your parents or other adults in your life tell you to get a haircut? I guess you can't escape getting square yourself eh?

Toejam: "Oh, I've heard of those guys before. They're one of those jam-type bands that I really can't get into. "
    - Ah, so THAT's why you called yourself "Toejam"?

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Was that clip music?
      Let's see, compared to what is happening in techno, where actual melody is replaced by just monodrone beats which go on for hours, I consider that music yeah.

And it's also way more musical than anything in the charts, I consider a band like the Mars Volta way more musical than Britney Spears or those hip-hop guys who are complaining about how tough life is and living in poverty while showing off their Lamborghini sportscars and expensive mansions, I mean give me a break!

Comment

It just sounded like a jumble of nonsensical noise.Couldn't hear much of the guitar I guess he needs a better amp.
        Now the drummer overshadows everone else in the band He was great.
        The singer ehh couldn't understand the words.
        Just no continuity in the song.
        Last edited by straycat; 02-17-2008, 09:13 PM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....let me catch my breath......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......ummmm, i hafta agree that was SHITTY, i only lasted until 1:16.

guitar is kinda cool. certainly unique and different. it'kll be interesting to read how it works out for ya.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
            HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....let me catch my breath......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......ummmm, i hafta agree that was SHITTY, i only lasted until 1:16.
            And with turning it off so quickly you never heard the surprise switch to a completely different style of music they did in that song.

Tch you guys are sad. At least admit that the Mars Volta are being far more original than Tokyo Hotel or Eminem.

Comment

The guitar is OK in a retro kind of way.I'm not knocking the guitar or the band just the song.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

they are original for sure.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

well blazer i really like the mars volta (and at the drive-in too) and i think it's rad that they are making a signature guitar for omar, and that you are getting one. so, fuck everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer View Post
                    Okay then let me summon up the stupid comments in this thread...

Toejam: "Oh, I've heard of those guys before. They're one of those jam-type bands that I really can't get into. "
                    - Ah, so THAT's why you called yourself "Toejam"?
                    So I made a stupid comment? Yeah, okay, if you say so. Get a grip.

And if you check the main page, maybe you'll be able to figure out why I chose Toejam as a screen name.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey, I found a stupid comment, too! :ROTF:

I placed an order for an Ibanez
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                        Hey, I found a stupid comment, too! :ROTF:
                        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

And with turning it off so quickly you never heard the surprise switch to a completely different style of music they did in that song.
                          I listened to the whole song. It wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be, but I certainly won't be looking to buy a Mars Volta album any time soon.
                          Seriously, check out that band, there's bound to be music of theirs I'm sure you really dig,
                          I'm glad you dig the band and are so excited about your new guitar order, but it's a bit presumptuous that we would all share your tastes in music. But then, you've shown repeatedly in this thread that you will shout down any dissenting views. I've heard plenty of MV on the radio over here and while I won't turn the dial when they come on, I won't be rushing out to buy their music either.

So as to show you guys what this singer (Who actually is the most in tune singer of the current rock scene) is capable of. Listen to THIS
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ayKK8E7gc
                          I didn't mind this one. Good song, good groove & the different sections kept my interest. I could listen to this. Much better than that clusterfuck on Letterman

oh yeah, let's see if you guys can guess who did the kick ass shred solo in this song.
                          to paraphrase RacerX, wiki is your friend. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27Via_L%27Viaquez Although I didn't hear any "kick ass shred" on the song.

And speaking of shredding SHAME ON ALL OF YOU for not recognising former Racer-X bassplayer Juan Alderete playing with them.
                          who? Was he one of the guys pinned against the right side of the stage to make room for the guitarist's interpretive dance routine?
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                          X