Dean VMNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
    How are you liking this guitar toejam. Have got all the bugs worked out of it?
    I'm liking it a lot. The switch and bridge volume pot were replaced, and Dean sent me a check to cover the costs, as well as a T-shirt and some stickers. There's a tiny bit of buzz on the lower frets, but not a whole lot, I can deal with it. I just might have to loosen the truss rod a tiny bit more and see how it goes.
    I do tend to have a little bit of a heavier touch, so I'll have to lighten up my left hand a little, plus I'll have to try to control my right hand from picking so hard.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I am glad that it working out for you. I have a KV2 I would be very interested to compare the neck profiles. I will have to see if I can not find one of the VMNT1 and try it and compare. I have not played the ESP LTD DV-8R but I know a guy that has one and he told me that the neck on the ESP was thinner than the neck on his RR1. He also said that he liked his RR1 more than the ESP. It was just far better put together.

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
        I am glad that it working out for you. I have a KV2 I would be very interested to compare the neck profiles. I will have to see if I can not find one of the VMNT1 and try it and compare. I have not played the ESP LTD DV-8R but I know a guy that has one and he told me that the neck on the ESP was thinner than the neck on his RR1. He also said that he liked his RR1 more than the ESP. It was just far better put together.

The ESP neck is really tiny, it also doesn't have the flat back you get on the speed neck.

The speed neck is just better.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_dave View Post
          The ESP neck is really tiny, it also doesn't have the flat back you get on the speed neck.

The speed neck is just better.
          I wonder what the actual ESP on is like? I saw one on enay recently for $2500/

It's hard to see how it's worth more than a jackson USA. THe build quality of USA jacksons is unreal..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            I wonder what the actual ESP on is like? I saw one on enay recently for $2500/

It's hard to see how it's worth more than a jackson USA. THe build quality of USA jacksons is unreal..

Not physically worth more, just a name... Which in a way, is weird.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              I'm liking it a lot. The switch and bridge volume pot were replaced, and Dean sent me a check to cover the costs, as well as a T-shirt and some stickers. There's a tiny bit of buzz on the lower frets, but not a whole lot, I can deal with it. I just might have to loosen the truss rod a tiny bit more and see how it goes.
              I do tend to have a little bit of a heavier touch, so I'll have to lighten up my left hand a little, plus I'll have to try to control my right hand from picking so hard.
              They sent you a check and goodies Already? Damn, I'm switching to Dean. Now, that's some customer service FMIC/JCMI should follow!

Glad everything is going well! It's nice to hear some good news about a manufacturer's customer service!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yeah, they were great! Scott Vwall would have taken the guitar back and sent me out another one, but I didn't want to ship it back to Texas for just a wiring problem. He gave me the name of a guitar shop not too far from me that I'd been to before, and they're also a Dean dealer, and have a repair shop on site, so I figured they could help.
                It turns out that the repair department in the back of the store is a separately owned shop and they wouldn't do the repairs for free, so I paid for it, then I contacted Dean.
                Dean said I was supposed to contact them first for any warranty work, but I didn't know. So after writing them a nice email about how I was disappointed with QC issues and wanting to know if I could be compensated in some way, they offered to reimburse me and send some goodies. They also promised a hat, but I guess the guy forgot. No big deal, I'm satisfied with their great customer service!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Did you tell 'em you're a high muckety-muck at the JCF?
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No hat?!?!?! OUTRAGE!!! I will never buy a Dean guitar now.
                    Scott

Comment

Beautiful guitar, Toe I played one a couple weeks ago at a locally-owned store here in Las Vegas and was blown away. I am normally very anti-Dean. I don't like the look of 'em, don't like the feel of 'em... but this one... OMFG. From the moment I picked it up and plugged it in I was in love. I will be buying it as soon as I get back from my trip to San Francisco I can assure you that. Same color too. I dig the silver. They had the GoW model too but I found it to be ugly. Just my opinion. Anyway.... cool fucking guitar bro!
                      - Adam

Comment

Working...
                      X