Carvin Sells a LP copy now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Sells a LP copy now

I just got there new catalog and on the cover is a beautiful singlecut axe. Its called the california singlecut. I wonder if Gibson will sue them also. It sure is purty. I guess the custom shop is growing. Yea Carvin!!!

Old news:ROTF: It was posted like a month ago here. Good reminder though
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Checked out the custom ordering on Carvin's site. Too bad Gibson and Fender aren't like this - cool options and awesome woods, and still less than two grand. Wonder what a Les Paul with a solid mahogany body, quilt top, long tenon tung oiled maple neck, birdseye fretboard, abalone inlays, jumbo frets, and a Floyd would cost? Or maybe with a Koa top and neck.

Comment

Carvin is awesome. They make some of the best quality guitars out there and imo the best necks. I`ll never part with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by livebiz View Post
          Checked out the custom ordering on Carvin's site. Too bad Gibson and Fender aren't like this - cool options and awesome woods, and still less than two grand. Wonder what a Les Paul with a solid mahogany body, quilt top, long tenon tung oiled maple neck, birdseye fretboard, abalone inlays, jumbo frets, and a Floyd would cost? Or maybe with a Koa top and neck.
          ** $5800.00 !

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
            Carvin is awesome. They make some of the best quality guitars out there and imo the best necks. I`ll never part with mine.
            I don't like the neck carve. The back just doesn't feel right.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

24 3/4" neck. Blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                I don't know about the neck carve on all of their models, but the neck on my SC90 feels just like the old Charvel Model 6 and 5A that I used to own, which is similar to the "speed neck" KV2 profile.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                  They`re not all the same. One of mine feels like a Jackson type neck (more flat) and the other one is more rounded like a C profile!

Comment

They offer an option for an oil finished neck. I didn't get that on the last Carvin I ordered new, an AE185, and I learned the hard way I should have. They clear coat all the way up to the top of the side of the fingerboard — where the "edge" of the fingerboard meets the playing surface — over the ends of the fret tangs. Which of course causes finish checking, little "bubbles" under the clear coat, at the end of every fret. Which looks annoyingly like the side position dots. I've seen pictures of a few other people's guitars that did the same thing.

That's been a few years ago, maybe they've got it sorted out now. I took all the clear coat off the back of the neck of mine and oiled it myself.
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I've only had a Cali Double cut.
                      The neck gave me fits.
                      My thumb never seemed to feel right on the back, almost if it was a hard v instead of a c shape.
                      For awhile I was convinced the carbon fiber rods were the problem,but it had to be more the particular carve on that one.
                      Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 01-16-2012, 06:11 PM.
                        Just a guitar player...

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                          i wonder if it can be gotten with a CM140 Headstock
                          I`m sure you can have any headstock put on any model!

Comment

Last I heard they wouldn't put a different headstock on the California Carved Top/Single Cut. However, you could get the CCT/CSC headstock on the other guitar models.

But I could be wrong.

Comment

I was in the Hollywood Carvin store last wknd and they had a gold top model of the LP copy. pretty cool looking guitar.
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X