Thoughts On The New PRS Mira?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On The New PRS Mira?

I haven't played one yet, but they sure look nice and seem reasonably priced. Looking forward to checking them out, and probably will get one.

Anyone else? Thoughts?

I don't like the pickguard but I think PRS makes great guitars, so I'd like to play one sometime.

I must say that when I first saw a picture of the Mira, I thought it was part of the SE line until I saw the headstock.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

are those made in Korea?
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
        are those made in Korea?
        USA. Here's a link to the Mira on the PRS site: http://www.prsguitars.com/mira/index.html

Note that the Mira is listed under the "High Gloss Models" and not the import SE line.
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

it reminds me a lot of this ibanez for some reason...

Comment

reasonable price should be good wood
            no sig.....

Comment

Mahogany body, made in USA, 25" scale. Hearing they will be around 1600-1700.

Comment

it's okay. i would still prefer (and i DO use these) a CE mahogany over the mira, but it depends on your taste. i would be curious about the sound considering the body is thinner, and the top looks flat too. it uses a new pickup....i wonder how THAT sounds, too.....
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Seems like a good guitar.
                  No Pearl White though. It would have been a sweet candidate for a PW paint job.
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

It looks like an SE with bird inlays at first glance. Not for me, I like PRSi cos they're purty... Don't fancy the pickguard either.

Comment

I don't like the pickguard either. It really gives it that cheap import SE look. Other than that, it looks like a tone monster and if the price is going to be $1600-1700 then I can't wait to buy a used one for even less.
                      Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

i wonder how this would sound too different from a std 22?
                        both have mah bodies, same scale, just different pickups.

Comment

It'll be a while before I can get my hands on one, but I personally think it looks cheap...Never thought I'd say that about a PRS.
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

:ROTF: If it had a Floyd, more of a strat shape and no pickguard, it'd be sweet!

I kid...I know not all of you live by Superstrat alone.

Comment

That pickguard looks like it belongs on an SE import PRS. What is the point of the guitar if it's just like a PRS standard but looks like an SE?
                              I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X