Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any knowledge or info on the D'Angelico Copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any knowledge or info on the D'Angelico Copies?

Seen on Ebay? Vestax made a few... D'Aspiranta... and maybe some
    of these others are dead on copies of the real deal? Some can be had
    for around $600.. some $900...and some for around $2K.
    Any Jazz Arch top guru's on this forum? Enlighten me!
    I was about to grab an Epiphone Regent Emperor for about $550 but
    not sure which way to go? I gotta be "Johnny Manhatten" sometimes!
    Scoobie...doobie...doooo... :ROTF:
    Last edited by Robert Burns; 11-05-2007, 04:45 AM.

The Vestax made D'Angelico New Yorker NYL2s are outstanding instruments. When I was shopping for an L-5 I played about 30 different archtops one day at Mandolin Brothers and the D'Angelico NYL2 was the best. That's the one I'd get again. I don't know about the D'Aspirantas, as I've never played them. I'm also not a fan of the Eastmans, though many are.

Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Originally posted by jim777 View Post
      The Vestax made D'Angelico New Yorker NYL2s are outstanding instruments. When I was shopping for an L-5 I played about 30 different archtops one day at Mandolin Brothers and the D'Angelico NYL2 was the best. That's the one I'd get again. I don't know about the D'Aspirantas, as I've never played them. I'm also not a fan of the Eastmans, though many are.

Thanks! Man, yours is awesome.. i just bought that D'Aspiranta
      on the "bay" for $462.00 (pretty good reviews on it at Harmony) The guy added a real Kent Armstrong...and
      im a sucker for that original 50's Tailpiece!(original D'Angelico NY'r) For this price, i think i'll will
      see if i like an archtop enough to venture into the $1600 range. Thanks
      Jim.

Comment

Here is the one i hope is being shipped to me?
        You never know..

D'Aspiranta D'Aquisto New Yorker Korean copy. With some
        upgrades.

Comment

Looks good! I hear good things about the current D'Aquisto guitars as well, but I haven't played one yet. They may be made by Aria. Remember, the more expensive the guitar, the more likely it is to have a carved top, and a carved top will feedback really quickly. The NYL-2 has a pressed spruce top, so it isn't quite as lively as a carved top, but it is takes amplification better. Archtops are by far my favorite guitars. If I was single, I'd take out a loan and get a Benedetto Manhattan and call it a day

Comment

Looks good! I hear good things about the current D'Aquisto guitars as well, but I haven't played one yet. They may be made by Aria. Remember, the more expensive the guitar, the more likely it is to have a carved top, and a carved top will feedback really quickly. The NYL-2 has a pressed spruce top, so it isn't quite as lively as a carved top, but it is takes amplification better. Archtops are by far my favorite guitars. If I was single, I'd take out a loan and get a Benedetto Manhattan and call it a day
            Good info...this one incoming has a "Pressed" top also...so that is good,
            as i will always be playing it amplified. If i had the '$'s... i would get a
            Linda Manzer! Or a Collings...or a Santa Cruz...

Comment

This one on the 'Bay 170165401478 is a steal. It's Super 400 sized, and fairly rare as well. If I had the cash I'd grab it and just post pics

Comment

This one on the 'Bay 170165401478 is a steal. It's Super 400 sized, and fairly rare as well. If I had the cash I'd grab it and just post pics
                *** funny that ive had this auction saved as a favorite for 3 days !!
                Im on it! (well... kinda.. depends on if it can be snagged for $1300.00?
                He may have a reserve of $1900.00? In which case i would have to wait
                till next month. It is a beaut!

Comment

Working...
                X