Names for your guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names for your guitars

I guess it's the oldest Rock N Roll guitar thing, naming your guitar. Clapton has "Blackie", BB King has Lucille, Albert King has "Lucy", Roy Buchanan had "Nancy" And Steve Vay has "Evo" and "Flo"

So do you guys have names for your guitars? In My own case yes, I do name my guitars.

On top: My 1986 Fender USA stratocaster "Shelby" Not to difficult why I named it that way. I'm a big fan of mucle cars and racing stripes. I replaced the neck it has in the picture with a genuine Fender neck, I still need to add a white stripe in the middle to finish it off.
    Below: My 1989 Squier Stratocaster "The Veteran" named because I have had it for 17 years and couting using it in every single band I have been in, it survived everything I threw at it and came back for more.

On top: My 1998 Squier Affinity Tele "Striper" very obvious why I named my extremely modified Squier Tele that way.
    Below: My brand new Squier Standard Telecaster "Veteran's tele" like my Red Strat, this tele copes with everything I throw at it and keeps coming back for more

"The Goblin" this self made guitar always evokes images of fairy tale figures to me, it wouldn't look bad in the hands of Harry Potter and so I gave it a fairy tale like name.

My ESP Horizon "She Hulk" this guitar is a powerhouse, one of the few that didn't need any modifications to suit my needs. It has the sexy curves and the carved top makes it look like well groomed muscle mass, the color was the deciding factor on what name I ended up giving it.

Futher guitars I own with names are my self built SG-tele hybrid "Fido" because of a 7up button with Fido Dido I glued onto the headstock and "Dent" which is a black Squier stratocaster from the same year as "The Veteran", I bought it from a punk player who used to toss it around quite a lot which earned it it's name.
    Last edited by Blazer; 10-22-2007, 08:22 PM.

Fender strat: Melissa
    Ibanez RG: Charlene
    ESP V: Laura
    Washburn CS: Shirly
    Fender Katana: ..not named yet or I forgot the name haha.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
      Fender Katana: ..not named yet or I forgot the name haha.
      My Katana was called "Agamemnon"

Comment

I call my ke-2 "kelly"
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Mom - 94 LP that I bought new. Its been at every show Ive done since I bought it.
          Vern - 06 Edwards Jimmy page
          Sabrina - 07 Minarik Lotus
          Stephanie - 07 Minarik Inferno Mirrorball
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

i call my red dinky : red
            Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
            Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

My V is called "Cock"
              My Model 6 is called "Hairy Balls"

So I can shout at people "Get your hands off my Cock and Hairy Balls"

Come on, if I hadn't said it, someone else would, it's out of the way now.

Nice She-Hulk Blazer, I'd have called it "Bogey" though!

No names for mine really, there is one which is "My baby" though. (No, I'm not telling you which)

What I want to know is which of you bloody weirdos use male names? (I always thought that George Lynch was strange)
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

mu guitars are called the color + guitar...i have 20, so it is just easier that way.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a few named.

Hamer Artist Korina HB = Blondie (color)
                  PRS Custom 24, Beautiful but a PITA to use = Michelle (ex from hell, but beautiful)
                  Hamer Standard Custom in Trans Black = Cher (friend that gave me the last 200 bucks to buy it. I gave her Naming rights.)
                  89 LPC = The Paul. (only LP in the collection)
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

same here...go by color...the Purple bound strat, HB flametop GMW etc etc
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

I never name my guitars, but my bandmates do. They've named my sparkly-silver Charvel 375 "Liberace" and my red metal flake Model 4 is "Big Red."

My rhythm guitarist tried to name my new swamp ash Carvin Bolt Plus "Ashley," and I told him I'd kick him in the swingers if he did so. Though naming it "Ash" after Bruce Campbell's character from the "Evil Dead" series might be okay!

Comment

The only 2 of mine with names are Goldie, which is a 1987 gold string thru RR. The other is Big Red...and we all know what that is.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Washy Dime-V Pro : "Doomy"
                          Ran CS : "Ran" (cause it's my favourite Kurosawa Movie)
                          Warlock : "Moche" (which means ugly)
                          Strat : "Kinky" (cause I like to play you really got me on this one ^^)

Comment

Most of mine are named, "Cheapo":ROTF:
                            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

That's funny, so are all my girlfriends.
                              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Working...
                              X