Switch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch!

So has anybody tried a Switch? They're dirt cheap (I'm lookin' at you, Fett!) and made out of some sort of carbon-fibery brew they've dubbed Vibracell.

I'm pretty darn curious about these. They make a model with a Floyd, pickups are nothing to write home about. But as a cheap backup guitar, they might be worth some clams.

Nobody around me actually carries them...

http://www.switchmusic.com/guitar_view.aspx?pid=83
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for supplying the link! See what I mean? It looks kind of cool, and it's easy on the wallet. I just wanna know what it's like in-person!

Comment

I would pass on those guitars. BTW.. they aren't that cheap either.
        You are better off with a used guitar or a known brand name for a back up. You can get super cheap Schecters, Kramers, Deans, Charvels, Jacksons, Fenders PRS SE models etc... that are all really fine for a #1 or a #2 guitar.

Comment

I tried one at a Daddies Junky music up here.
          Not bad. Heavyweight, but stable.
          Don't think I'd buy one. but can see the potential for a used buy.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I played the 3 a local store had about 2 years ago. They were duds to me tonally.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Made In China also
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You could pickup a DK2 for the same (or less) money.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Robotechnology View Post
                  I played the 3 a local store had about 2 years ago. They were duds to me tonally.
                  +1. they just didn't impress me at all.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm less in a buying mood than just wondering...my local newspaper picked up an AP story about how tone woods are getting more scarce, so I thought of carbon-fiber stuff like this and Rainsong.

Comment

Switches are Ok nothing to get excited about.I played some at a show 5 or 6 years ago and I thought they were tone turds.JMO
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I got one off the Bay for $150 a while back. Total shitbox IMO......nothing
                        good to say about it. I ended up giving it to my 10 year old for one of his
                        birthday gifts.......he likes it. As a kid's first guitar I suppose it's ok,but
                        that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X