Found a slick parts-o-Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a slick parts-o-Charvel

Charvel model 2 neck Warmoth 2 piece alder/ flame top dinky body(cherry burst).Recessed JT 500.Gold hardware.Dave Mustaine signature pickups.New Jackson logo'd hard case.
    I guess I need to search for a gold Schaller and some gold Jackson strap buttons/Jackson tuners.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

You know me can't do pics.Looks like I'm going to need a fusion neck or do some neck pocket work.It is short of 25.5 in so I tried 24.75 and still no go off just a little.Even tried a 24 fret 90s charvel neck and still short of standard Jackson scale length.
      I wonder will it intonate at 25 in with the model 2 neck?
      Seems odd that the 24 fret neck didn't come out to 25.5 it was from a 375 charvel.
      I guess I'll have to go with an after market neck.
      Cool guitar just for the parts the DM live wires sound pretty good.
      Last edited by straycat; 10-17-2007, 07:37 PM.

Comment

The neck pocket might be cut wrong. Try measuring the neck for proper 25.5 scale and mark it and redrill the neck screw holes. Of course dowel the old ones so the structural integrity is still there. At 25in the neck may intonate at the 12th fret and open. But it wont play in tune on the rest of the board.
        Gil

Comment

I did dowel and redrill and its damn close at 25 in off just a little.floyd saddle at the D string is pretty far back not all the way.Plays great up to the 12th fret then goes out of wack.

Comment

Working...
          X