new Hamer import 335 - flame/ebony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Hamer import 335 - flame/ebony

just grabbed this beauty off fleabay. I've been gassing for a 335 style guitar for a long time (hell, since I first saw Lifeson killing it on his back in the day), and for someone whose substantial mortgage and other family responsibilities preclude a $2300+ expenditure at this point, this Hamer is a perfect solution. I had considered an Epiphone 335 but could not bring myself to buy one, and I'm glad I held out because this one's stunning.

I can usually resist these kinds of spur of the moment purchases, but the solar flame and the ebony fretboard pushed me over the edge. plus this is a discontinued Korean model, whereas now they are all made in China. I'm stoked!

the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Nice one. I want a 335 so bad. It doesn't have to be a Gibson. You are giving me hope.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

WOW! that looks nice. I like your word better "stunning".
      Just one more guitar!

Comment

thanks guys.

yeah I had not seen these with the flame top before, just the trans cherry and the tobacco sunburst. I like this one way better.

fett I bet you can get one of those cherry Epi 335's used for around $225 if you look hard enough. maybe even less if you're lucky.

there are plenty of other semi-hollow designs out there for not a lot of money, but I'd never bought any of those as I wanted the exact 335 shape - the other shapes just look wrong to me. and only Epi and Hamer make these exact 335 shapes in affordable form, Epi's are cheap ($399 new)and Hamers are a bit more.

got my tracking # today too, so the countdown is on!
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

looks sharp, man. Congrats!
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
          X