Any Takamine Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Takamine Owners

What kind do you have and whats your review?
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

I've had four recently, but sold them all for various reasons.

LTD-2003

LTD-2004

TF250SMC

EG523SC

I loved everything about the 3 Japan Taks I had except for the neck. They were just way too big and very uncomfortable for me. They're not baseball bat thick, I just have small hands.
    The Jumbo EG did have a thinner neck, I just didn't like the cheaper electronics.
    The TF had a Cool Tube which was absolutely amazing.
    Did I help you, need any more info on Taks specifically?
    I've found that the Artwood series from Ibanez are very good. I have a Jumbo and a Dread that are seriously on par with the MIJ Taks.

Comment

Never owned one but, always liked their Japanese made cutaway classical models.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007 View Post
        I've had four recently, but sold them all for various reasons.

LTD-2003

LTD-2004

TF250SMC

EG523SC

I loved everything about the 3 Japan Taks I had except for the neck. They were just way too big and very uncomfortable for me. They're not baseball bat thick, I just have small hands.
        The Jumbo EG did have a thinner neck, I just didn't like the cheaper electronics.
        The TF had a Cool Tube which was absolutely amazing.
        Did I help you, need any more info on Taks specifically?
        I've found that the Artwood series from Ibanez are very good. I have a Jumbo and a Dread that are seriously on par with the MIJ Taks.
        You had a nice collection. I'm looking at two. EF341SC

and the EF508KC

Both are nice

Comment

I have the EF341SC....actually mine is the SCX....I think that just means it has the better upgraded preamp pickup setup. Just like the one you often see Bruce Springsteen & plenty of other pros play.

I love it. The neck is really comfortable to play. I used mine quite a bit set up to play lead in an acoustic band (with an unwound 3rd string) & with the cutaway its great for that...but it is also really great for more traditional acoustic strumming.

It sounds great acoustic or plugged in. Its balanced really well....its as comfortable to play strapped on as it is sitting down. And the built in tuner is a great feature.

Comment

I've had 2 531SC models, about 5 yrs. ago. One was awesome (bought from a smaller local guitar shop) that my ex-girlfriend bought from me, one was horrible (from Guitar Center) that I returned and ended up buying a Taylor 310CE.

Comment

those LTDs are pretty. I played one after a Takamine clinic I attended once. Can't remember if it was an '01 or 02, but it had the mountain range inlaid into the rosette. Very, very nice axe. I picked it up and promptly forgot every acoustic tune I've ever learnt
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I tried a Takamine 12 string at GC a few months ago, and really liked it. Got my juices flowing to buy a 12.

Comment

Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
                  I have the EF341SC....actually mine is the SCX....I think that just means it has the better upgraded preamp pickup setup. Just like the one you often see Bruce Springsteen & plenty of other pros play.

I love it. The neck is really comfortable to play. I used mine quite a bit set up to play lead in an acoustic band (with an unwound 3rd string) & with the cutaway its great for that...but it is also really great for more traditional acoustic strumming.

It sounds great acoustic or plugged in. Its balanced really well....its as comfortable to play strapped on as it is sitting down. And the built in tuner is a great feature.
                  I almost bought the 341SC two years ago. I actually picked it out and told the store i wanted to buy it. I took him 15 min to find the guitar case, so while he was looking, I was picking up guitars and picked up Martin, so by the time he came back with the case, I switched and bought the Martin.

I still remember the sound and feel of the 341SC and I liked it. I should of actually bought that one, so I may end up dumping the Martin and getting the 341SC. Or keeping both.

I was out at guitar center and picked up the EF508KC. It felt good, sounded good and looked good.

Comment

Working...
                  X