Anyone tried a Lynch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried a Lynch?

...any of them? I've never seen one in person - is the quality up to Jackson USA standards? Playability, etc? I don't have any specific one in mind, just wondering in general.

They play and sound AWESOME, but they are HEAVY guitars, as they mahogany. They have tone in spades though. I would love ot have one some day.

Comment

They are nice guitars but have a different feel because of the wider nut. I have a Kamikaze and Serpent and the Kami is a heavy guitar. The serpent is about average weight. The Kami is heavy because it is thicker. Great guitars.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
        They play and sound AWESOME, but they are HEAVY guitars, as they mahogany. They have tone in spades though. I would love ot have one some day.
        I thought they were maple.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I thought they were maple.
          They are..
          I had a kamakazi years ago, and it was heavier than my LP...
          "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Maple and HEAVY. There's an M-1 Tiger Stripe at my local GC that I played for a little bit a month ago. Sounds fine but, too heavy and needed another pickup.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Great guitars but if you are looking to sound like Lynch.. the guitar isn't gonna do it. The majority of his tone is in his playing style.

Comment

Thanks. 'Heavy' seems to be the recurring theme here.

They certainly look nice in pics - how's the quality? From a fit and finish perspective, do they rate those kinds of prices?

Comment

i have owned a regular kami and a red white and blue kami...in a nutshell they are excellent guitars period as long as you buy the esp and not the ltd...d.m.
                  http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
                    +1 on that...really heavy! Which imo means great build quality...or
                    Maple? But it was a bad ass... i have not played the newer ones..
                    this one was a purple Bengal from about 93' i think. But they are on par
                    and equal to Charvels imo

Comment

Would it be wise to put a Duncan Distortion in the Kami 1 in place of the Demon, with it being maple?
                      "Hard work is for people short on talent." -George Carlin

Comment

I have the LTD M-1. I actually LIKE the Demon - for the first time EVER. I hated that pickup in ANYTHING else I've ever heard it in. I don't really feel that the guitar is that heavy though, but I imagine the Kami and the Purpleburst Tiger might be - they are bigger guitars and have a pretty substantial neck.

They are nice guitars - and I wouldn't hesitate for ONE SECOND to put a Duncan Distortion in it. As mentioned before though - the guitar won't make you sound like George - nothing will. I still sound like ME when I play mine. My Dean ML didn't make me sound like Dime either...

Comment

I had an ESP kami for a while a great guitar just really heavy.Build quality was top notch.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I know ESP can make some outstanding guitars, and I expected the Lynch models to be as good as anything they make, so it's nice to hear that they are great. Being that heavy scares me, though, as I get older and fatter and all. Perhaps a Parker, or a ukulele...

Comment

Heavy is all relative. If you play a Les Paul, you might be fine with them. "Scared" of a "heavy" guitar?? Come on, bro...hike up your skirt and grab a hold!!

Comment

Working...
                              X