X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shobet View Post
    I've got a guitar gut.
    ]

If I sling my guitar up too low, it hangs under my gut, and the fingerboard points towards the floor and I can't see what I am playing. It's a fuckin disgrace!!! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Metaled1020 View Post
      Not as cheap as that (i paid $150),but i just bought a USA made Peavey Predator Strat copy!!! Talk about not getting any respect.....and these are USA made guitars!!! Oh well,better for us right?
      Just because a guitar is made in the USA doesn't automatically make it "worthy", especially Peaveys. The only Peaveys I ever liked were the T-60 , Hydra (doubleneck), and the Wolfgang, and I've tried just about every model they ever put out (benefit of living in "Country Land" - Peavey stuff is everywhere).

Even the original Vandenbergs felt like toneless stringed bricks to me (oddly enough, just like an ESPee).

The T-60 feels like a comfortable Strat, and the Hydra had basically two T-60 necks on it. And how could you not like the Wolfgang, since the neck was a laser-scanned copy of Frankie's Charvel neck.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hey Newc, that´s the first time I´ve heard anyone not liking the Vandenbergs! All four I´ve tried have played like butter and sung like... well, something totally unlike a brick. But that´s the beauty of it all, I guess... no two guitars are the same and we all like different things!

But regarding cheap, good guitars... I´ve been on the verge on buying several old Yamaha RGX´s and Pacificas the last few years... totally pro stuff for very little money. If I had more place around the apartment I would probably have bought a few just for the heck of it, but as it is I´ve always come to my senses.

Comment

I got a cheap bass $0

it's a 1978 USA B.C.Rich Mockingbird and it was used by Phil Lynott in a Thin Lizzy Video-The free 1960's Hagstrom 8 string bass and free pair of Solavox pedals that came with it also paid for the petrol I used to get the Mockingbird nearly 3 times over:ROTF:
          http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

Working...
          X