Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1986 Fender Strat that was pushed in my hands and yanked away from me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 1986 Fender Strat that was pushed in my hands and yanked away from me.

Okay then today I was pretty stoked about doing some business. I had the plan to get myself a 1986 Fender japan Strat by trading in one of the guitars I don't play anymore. I had talked about the trade with the shopkeepers and that alpine white beauty was as good as mine.

BUT, as soon as I unzipped my gigbag and presented the near mint ESP guitar I saw the face of the shopkeeper cringe and I realised it was trouble. Deciding to grab the bull by the horns I asked "Okay, what's wrong, why do you think I can not do this trade?"

"Well you see..." he began "thing is, with Fenders and Gibsons I can give you a better deal because I know what it's worth, this one, in as pristine condition as it is, can be bought from the inport company for a lot less than your asking price and we're talking about brand new instruments. It's a deal I simply cannot do because it means a loss in profit for the shop and in our paychecks. And I don't want to saddle you up with a cheaper instrument because that would also be a loss for you."

I take a look at the Strat and take a look at the shopkeeper, who sees my extreme disappointment and tries to reason with me. "But if you really want to make this deal I can set this guitar apart for you and you'll have to wait until the manager gets back from vacation and he can do this deal with you."

"And how long do I have to wait?"

"Around two weeks."

Deciding that that was too long I told him to forget about the whole thing and I walked off. I stopped by the acoustic department and decided to vent my frustration by fingerpicking a Godin Nylon string. My buddy who allerted me on the Fender walks up and goes. "So did you get the guitar?" To which I told him what happened. "Strange we sell a dumpload of those axes, why wouldn't he make the trade your guitar would be sold withing a couple of days."

Deciding to not persue it I walked out and walked into a record store to buy "Kissology 2" DVD set so I could at least have some rare footage to watch later when I would get home.

BUT when I got it home, it was in the wrong region code so I can't watch it.

Oh please why couldn't I get a break today?

...er...what ESP guitar is it?
    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

And where do you live that you can pick up multi regions at your local DVD shop???

Don't sweat it. Dealing with dealers is a tough one. Most know only Gibson and Fender. Anything else might be a pain to sell, or they think it will be. I've had that happen. If it was something I really wanted, I uped the ante. If not, no biggie...
      I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

As always, my advice is to sell your guitar rather than trade it in. A minty ESP should get you more than enough cash to buy a Japanese strat and a few DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
          ...er...what ESP guitar is it?
          Yeah...?
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            As always, my advice is to sell your guitar rather than trade it in. A minty ESP should get you more than enough cash to buy a Japanese strat and a few DVDs.

No kidding, do you really mean ESP or LTD by ESP?
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
            X