Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone explain which Brian Moore models..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone explain which Brian Moore models..

Are the upper end? When do they go Korean? Im looking at a great
    looking "C-55" for $1200 and another I-2000 (which is an import)
    for $750 Are only the C-90's USA made? And is the C-55 an import?
    Thanks ahead of time!

the i guitars are imports. the C guitars should be USA unless they changed that recently.

i have an i8.13P. it is a really nice guitar. it was $1200 and is made in korea. when i bought it the USA brian moore guitars were up in the $1900+ range....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The i2000 series are the higher end Korean series with duncans and sperzels.

The C-55 is definitely American, however they are discontinued.

All C series guitars are bolt-on's, and are custom shop models. While the i1, i1f, i1p .... etc are neck thru.

The easiest way to tell them apart is:

1) All imports will read "Brian Moore Guitars", while customs (US) will read "Brian Moore Custom Guitars" on the headstock

2) All imports have a vintage style trem, while the customs have a Winkinson.

3) All imports are stamped "hand crafted in Seoul Korea", while the customs are hand number with a gold marker "Brewster, NY, 2005" on the back of the head stock.

$750 is a little too high for the i2000 used even if its the top of the line model. They have terrible re-sale value, especially the imports.

The C90's usually go for $1,000 - $1,500 used depending on how customized it is. Exotic tops/colors, inlays, and birdseye necks can bring it up to $2,000 or more.

I think they are probably the best value you can get for an American super strat. Just make sure to buy used and let some one else take the hit , which in most cases is like 40% - 50% off retail.

Comment

Thanks Guys! So $1200.00 for the C-55 is pretty good for a mint 5A quilt
        top? Piezo, equiped, and Wilkinson?

Comment

Originally posted by gfunk333 View Post
          3) All imports are stamped "hand crafted in Seoul Korea", while the customs are hand number with a gold marker "Brewster, NY, 2005" on the back of the head stock.
          They changed from gold to black when they moved to LaGrange ...

Comment

I say go for it! They usually go for about a grand or less.

But the 5A top definitely makes up for $200 variance. Most c-55's don't come with nice tops, they are rather ewwww ..... not even 3A standard.

And if its got any sort of inlays besides dots, than the price gets jacked up big time.

Comment

I say go for it! They usually go for about a grand or less.

But the 5A top definitely makes up for $200 variance. Most c-55's don't come with nice tops, they are rather ewwww ..... not even 3A standard.

And if its got any sort of inlays besides dots, than the price gets jacked up big time.
              I didnt get the C-55... but i did score this one! The 13 pin Roland is
              important to me... and check out that quilt! $570.00 shipped!

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRIAN-MOORE-ELEC...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Awesome color!

Let us know how you like it .....

13 pin? I don't see the switches, and the jack.

Comment

Awesome color!

Let us know how you like it .....

13 pin? I don't see the switches, and the jack.
                  Yep... the ad says 13 pin... god i hope it has them.
                  If not i'll be upset. Maybe they just quoted a generic ad
                  from Brian Moore? Crap! Looks like i need to LOOK
                  more carefully next time! Oh well...i like the quilt...:-(((
                  Last edited by Robert Burns; 08-20-2007, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X