X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightswanzzz

Anybody here like em' too?

I just picked up a real nice black unit...
    I find that the woods and HW combo work so well together
    Really scream and even clean up real fine too!
    The previous owner threw in a coil split which can be active on either or both PUs

Up - splits the JB only so you can switch from scJB to FS or both using the pu select switch
    Mid - neutral for either or both HBs using the pu select switch
    Dn - both split to sc so you can use either or both using the pu select switch

The split coils alone or together sound amazing in the mahogany and really provide alot of versatility

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Very cool collection, there. I've always liked NightSwans.

Comment

Actually...I love Kramers but not Nightswans.
      Reasons:

-The one I played was the poorest construction I ever experienced with a Kramer.
      -No neck single coil.
      -I don't like the look of the H/H.
      -The reverse headstock...leaves me wanting.
      -The older logos were all better than the 'diminishing pyramid'.
      and finally...

-What did Vivian Campbell ever do that was good?
      Last edited by goodwood; 08-09-2007, 11:47 PM.
      My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
        -What did Vivian Campbell ever do that was good?
        Ever listen to Dio?

Comment

Ok...you got me. But what did he ever do after Dio that wasn't a joke?

I know...I'm just pushing buttons...but his Whitesnake stuff sucked and so did his Def Leppard stuff and that band he had after that...swamp donkeys or something...yeah they sucked too...
          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

Hey...your preferences are what they are...

Really Vivian Campbell was, at the time, a better than average to great player w/ Dio...
            His style was what I liked...reminded at times of Gary Moore & John Sykes.
            I doubt he got to do much of what he wanted with Widesnake and Def Schleppard.
            But he's certainly not my fave or the main reason I like these NSz anyways...For the Tone & Feel

As far as quality, I'm not sure what you compared them too or if you came up against a bad one?
            I have 10+ US Kramers and these are not the worst...
            They were built by ESP and QA on these was great. I've yet to see three necks so true and similar in shape/feel...
            Granted the R1 nut is not for everybody

The woods are as good as it get's for tone though and the HW is Foyd, SD and Schaller...how can they miss on quality?

Trogdor strikes again!
            S...more different S :ROTF:
            Last edited by xbolt; 08-10-2007, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Yeah, it must suck playing in small time bands like Whitesnake and Def Leppard. What was he thinking? Most of us here have played in much bigger bands, havent we?!?!......................

Comment

Can't you tell by his user name?He is a Les Paul/WCR pickup snob.
                Goodwoods are my last choice when it comes to Jim Wagners pickups.Goodwoods sound like a sterile compressed Duncan 59.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Anybody slamming Viv really, really needs to go back and listen to "Holy Diver". He gains enough credibility on that album alone to last a lifetime...

If you knew that album, you wouldn't be ripping on him... Seriously...

Oh yeah, "Last In Line" is pretty good too...

Nightswans kick ass...

Noobs pushing buttons don't...
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    Anybody slamming Viv really, really needs to go back and listen to "Holy Diver". He gains enough credibility on that album alone to last a lifetime...

If you knew that album, you wouldn't be ripping on him... Seriously...

Oh yeah, "Last In Line" is pretty good too...

Nightswans kick ass...

Noobs pushing buttons don't...
                    Amen

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                      I know...I'm just pushing buttons...but his Whitesnake stuff sucked and so did his Def Leppard stuff and that band he had after that...swamp donkeys or something...yeah they sucked too...
                      What did he officially record and release with Whitesnake? The "1987" album is almost entirely John Sykes with a solo by Adrian Vandenberg. Vai came in for the following record.

I'm guessing that there are some bootleg live recordings of Viv with Whitesnake but I've not heard them.

By the way, I really liked Viv's playing on the debut Riverdogs album.
                      Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Vivian Campbell is a great guitarist, everything he did was great. Oh, BTW he makes a damn good living at it. Pony up and reveal your capabilities before you knock someone else

On the positive side, my Nightswan is still a favorite and compares very close to my new cs Demon.

Comment

[quote=Bengal;964149]Anybody slamming Viv really, really needs to go back and listen to "Holy Diver". He gains enough credibility on that album alone to last a lifetime...
                          quote]

True Dat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xbolt View Post
                            The woods are as good as it get's for tone though and the HW is Foyd, SD and Schaller...how can they miss on quality?
                            I think it is possible that it was a 'bad one' so to speak...I don't know...I completely agree with the components used and such...I say the same thing-how can they miss? Alas, this one was a cheap feeling rig to say the least. It is just a matter of taste that I don't like the H in the bridge and the H in the middle. I compared it to Kramer Pacer Deluxe, Kramer Pacer Custom I & II...Baretta...
                            Originally posted by straycat View Post
                            Can't you tell by his user name?He is a Les Paul/WCR pickup snob.
                            Goodwoods are my last choice when it comes to Jim Wagners pickups.Goodwoods sound like a sterile compressed Duncan 59.
                            Poor detective work there man...I do have a Les Paul and a couple of Les Paul style guitars though. The user name refers to using good wood to make a good guitar. I have never heard the Goodwood pickup but I do have the Darkbursts and the Ironman. I love the Duncan '59...have a couple and would not consider replacing them actually.
                            Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                            What did he officially record and release with Whitesnake?
                            By 'stuff' I just mean his 'stint'...Sykes was and is incredible...even in his time with TL-incredible. Blue Murder? Awesome. Can we just agree to call the Riverdogs the swamp donkeys?

Me push buttons? Maybe. What else can a 'noob' do to kill time?
                            Last edited by goodwood; 08-11-2007, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                              What did he officially record and release with Whitesnake?

By the way, I really liked Viv's playing on the debut Riverdogs album.
                              He re-recorded one solo with Whitesnake long after the 1987 cd was out. He recorded a solo to "Give Me All Your Love" that was used on the MTV video version of the song.

His playing on the Riverdogs album was great, very tasty I thought. Good album that got looked over by many people.

Comment

Working...
                              X