Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESP EC-1000 or JACKSON DK2M?

Im stuck in between these two

here is my dilemma right now i have a crappy Dean guitar with crappy pickups that i have been using for 10 years and its time for me to get a new guitar

EC-1000 OR Dk2m

www.musiciansfriend.com/p...sku=516629

OR

www.musiciansfriend.com/p...sku=517588

I took this post from a guy on the esp forum and he poses a good question!

This is a Jackson forum and naturally a lot of us won't touch an ESP because we are so stubbonly biased. Get the Jackson.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

+1 for Jackson
      Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

two completely different guitars, different construction, shape, sound, pick-ups, neck radius, bridges.

you have to narrow it down a bit buddy. do more research then i think you might be able to make your own decision.
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Yeah, those guitars couldn't be much differant from one another.

Get the Jackson!
          sigpic

Comment

^what he said.
            EC is the eclipse model with a les paul type set neck construction. I think its mahogany bodied. its gonna have a thick dark tone with a lot of lows. DK2M is a bolt-on alder body guitar with a ripping, cutting, bright tone. What is your tone preference at least?
            Sam

Comment

I have a DK2M (and DK2MRGF) and a ESP (not LTD) EclipseII VB which is the higher $ upgrade from the EC1000. I was very underwelmed with the ESP. No matter what I've done with string gauges (10s or 9s), neck relief and bridge height, I can't get the strings low enough for comfortable playing without a lot of string buzz. It's pretty to look at with its satin black and gold hardware, but I never play it.

The DK2M feels better plays better and is cheaper. As mentioned above, these two guitars are very dissimilar, but to answer your question, go with the DK2M.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
                I have a DK2M (and DK2MRGF) and a ESP (not LTD) EclipseII VB which is the higher $ upgrade from the EC1000. I was very underwelmed with the ESP. No matter what I've done with string gauges (10s or 9s), neck relief and bridge height, I can't get the strings low enough for comfortable playing without a lot of string buzz. It's pretty to look at with its satin black and gold hardware, but I never play it.

The DK2M feels better plays better and is cheaper. As mentioned above, these two guitars are very dissimilar, but to answer your question, go with the DK2M.
                threadkiller?
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Jackson ...

Comment

The EC 1000 plays like a real ESP
                    But i like the DK2M neck, so get the DK2M

Comment

After I got my DK2M I REALLY wanted an EC-1000.. seems like a killer guitar for the money. I'd say play them both and make a decision. The GC near me doesn't carry ESP so I was out of luck for trying the EC-1000 though. Not that I would ever buy a guitar from them, but its good place to try stuff.
                      There was an EC-1000 on Craigslist for $450 near me a couple months ago... it sold the first day so I missed it though..I was bummed.

My DK2M is my favorite guitar I have though.
                      DK2M
                      Fender Strat (Made in USA)
                      Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top

Comment

I'd get the ESP. Very nice. I think it comes down to whether or not you want a Les Paul style guitar or not though.
                        Mountain Dog that just doesn't sound like any ESP I've ever seen including the LTD line 400 series and up. You either have a set up issue or a dog (I seriously doubt the dog option). Feel free to unload that Eclipse to my shipping address.
                        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Those are pretty different guitars. I'd think about whether you really want to dick around with a locking trem. The active EMGs are another thing to think about. When I got my ESP MIII and slapped some EMGs in it I just wanted to sound like a certain well known heavy metal band but when I got older I realized active ceramic magnet pick-ups didn't appeal to my own personal taste. I realized I'm a passive Alnico V kinda guy.

Comment

thats funny Mountain Dog.. my buddy (his name on here is JRTME) has a Eclipse II and he has the EXACT same thing.. Cannot keep it from Buzzing.. he is a wiz at setups... and he has also had it professionally done.. no luck..
                            Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                              I'd get the ESP. Very nice. I think it comes down to whether or not you want a Les Paul style guitar or not though.
                              Mountain Dog that just doesn't sound like any ESP I've ever seen including the LTD line 400 series and up. You either have a set up issue or a dog (I seriously doubt the dog option). Feel free to unload that Eclipse to my shipping address.
                              A LTD is not an ESP!! Wake up and smell the carcass
                              Every LTD (not ESP) I've played looks and feels cheap when compared to any MIJ Jackson. ESP is getting recognition just due to all the endorsers. But the general public does not realise that the "artists" are not playing LTD's.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X