OK people. I want another guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK people. I want another guitar

OK. My choices: Edwards Gold top les paul, Prs se custom or singlecut, Gibson SG faded, Fender American Telecaster with Dimarzio fasttrackII on the bridge, and Jackson RR3 or DK2M. I play basically anything. Blues-Hard rock. Any recommendations?
    Last edited by jjanggibson; 05-09-2007, 04:44 PM.

guess what? you are in a Jackson forum. So, RR3.
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by jjanggibson View Post
      OK. My choices: Edwards Gold top les paul, Prs se custom or singlecut, Gibson SG faded, Fender American Telecaster with Dimarzio fasttrackII on the bridge, and Jackson RR3 or DK2M. I play basically anything. Blues-Hard rock. Any recommendations?

I say get the DK2M, take out those Duncans and drop in EMG's. You can put an EMG 89 in the bridge and split it. Which would give you an 85 for your hard rock and an SA for your blues. I have one is Snow White.

Alvin
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Rr3

Comment

Teles are always fun - especially with a Dimarzio in the bridge, but of your choices, DK2M.

Comment

Between the RR3 and DK2M, the SD pickups are identical: SH2 and TB4. The RR3 has no binding and needs a bigger case. Then you're looking at relocating the forward strap pin and lowering it's value in order to stop the neck dropping. I'd get the DK2M. If you don't like maple necks, then get a DK2. Again, same hardware, rosewood neck. The DK2 also has the SKL finish option. I tend to find strat shaped guitars have a better mid-range tone than V/X shaped guitars.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Edwards GoldTop, No Question....
              "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I say DK2M and leave the Duncans in

Comment

I say DK2M.

p.s. Oooooooooooooooooh lookie......... Jeri chose the pointy. There's a shock.
                  My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

No brainer from that list.....American Fender Tele!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                      I'd get the DK2M. If you don't like maple necks, then get a DK2. Again, same hardware, rosewood neck.
                      They both have maple necks. The fingerboard is a completely different story.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                        I say DK2M and leave the Duncans in
                        Replace the overrated JB and you'll be good to go... unless you like having all treble and high mids with no low end. Then again, you could always replace the 500k pot with a 250k pot to help it.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X