Ibanez J Custom HRG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez J Custom HRG1

Anybody know anything about this particular model?
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

I know the model name, does that count

Sorry I had to do it
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Thats the cool looking limited edition HR Giger metal coated model. Not sure how it would actually sound but it's also like $4k.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/hrgiger/hr_giger_s.aspx

LOL DOH!!! wrong guitar my bad

Your talking about the RG with the printed pattern. Didnt even know they made a Prestige version of it. I've just seen the regular versions.
      Last edited by Mikernaut2; 05-09-2007, 11:49 PM.

Comment

This? Looks like the seller explains it fairly well:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-RARE-Limi...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

That S Series Giger model is made in Korea. And you want how much for it??? No thanks. Shape of things to come from Ibanez, sadly...
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
            Thats the cool looking limited edition HR Giger metal coated model. Not sure how it would actually sound but it's also like $4k.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/hrgiger/hr_giger_s.aspx

LOL DOH!!! wrong guitar my bad

Your talking about the RG with the printed pattern. Didnt even know they made a Prestige version of it. I've just seen the regular versions.
            You're still wrong. He's talking about the pink J. Custom RG with the flamed top as posted above.
            My Main Rig:
            '87 Charvel Model 4A
            Peavey KB100 amp
            Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
            '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
            '05 Ibanez RG320FM
            '86 Ovation Pinnacle
            '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
            '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Yeah I was actually thinking of bidding on it but after considering everything I think the necks are just too thin for me.

I have read posts form guys dumping their Ibanez's over at the JEMsite forum because they can't take the thin necks anymore.
              PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

If you like thicker necks, get the "Ultra" neck profile. It's quite a bit thicker than most Ibanez Jem/RG necks.

Comment

That's a sweet guitar but why in the world is it listed under guitar>electric>johnson?? I guess I miss a lot of guitars that aren't listed properly.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

$2500??? Holy shit... The world is indeed coming to an end.

Comment

For what it's worth, I have a 1999 J-Custom HRG1900TRB, 1 of 12 Ikebe specials of that year (4 done in the color I have, two other colors were done). It has similar specs, mahogany, AAA maple top, body binding, bolt-on, Air Norton/Tone Zone, etc. Mine has the thicker Ultra neck (19.5mm/21.5mm for 1st fret/12th fret). It's a nice guitar.....however not any nicer than any of my Prestiges....and not $2500 nice....

Comment

I've never played a J custom that wasn't miles ahead of any signature and/or prestige Ibanez... Rich from Ibanezrules has seen more of these then anyone in his lifetime and he'll stand by that statement. Maybe something's wrong with your guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by unknowndoodl3 View Post
                          I've never played a J custom that wasn't miles ahead of any signature and/or prestige Ibanez... Rich from Ibanezrules has seen more of these then anyone in his lifetime and he'll stand by that statement. Maybe something's wrong with your guitar?
                          Did you think of it the other way that maybe my Prestiges/J-Crafts are as nice as my J-Custom? Or the Prestiges you played had something wrong?

My J-Custom is set up perfectly as my Prestiges are, and there is nothing wrong with it. It has the same neck shape (Ultra) as my RGT3120, the same great quality attention to construction and frets, similar body woods and bridge pickup as my RG3120 for example. Explain to me what the J-Custom crew could do to make a guitar play miles ahead of those two for example? FYI, I recently got a RG550MXXDY (built by J-Craft crew) and it is very nice. It has that cool high-end Prestige/J-Craft feel to it the minute you pick it up.

"Miles-ahead" makes it sound like the guitar should play itself and the Prestige/signature stuff is crap by comparison. My comment was my opinion that I don't see the J-Custom commanding 50-60% price hike over a Prestige/J-Craft (in this $2500 example) to answer Shredmonster's question. Is it worth $1500 (the current bid) to $1800?, for sure it is.

From what you say, perhaps the HRG1 is worth the $2500 and Shredmonster should get it!

I guess we can watch the auction and let the 'marketplace' decide its worth! (One clue however, there is only 1 day left on a 6 day auction, so no one so far has felt it was worth the $2499 buy-it-now).

Comment

Just as an FYI, I've got an SHRG1Z in stock and am willing to DEAL on it!

Matt
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Bidding ended at $1575 reserve not met....I'd say the marketplace has spoken.

Comment

Working...
                              X