Single Locking Bridges on Ibanez Artcores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Locking Bridges on Ibanez Artcores

A few local stores have some very nice Ibanez Artcore guitars... one thing that puzzles me though, is why they put a single locking bridge, WITH FINE TUNERS, on a jazz/blue semi-hollow, of all the guitars Ibanez has in their lineup.

Not saying that's a bad thing, just that I am genuinely curious as to why. If they are gonna put a single locking bridge on it, then oen can just use the headstock tuners, what's the purpose of having fine tuners on the bridge?

And if they went through the extra expense of having such a bridge over a standard hardtail, wht not install a roller nut while they were at it?

Why?

Regardless, Artcores are really nice guitars, I might just pick one up as lately I have been listening to a lot of mellow Jazz.

Maybe the idea is that you can hold a note and tweak the tuning with your picking hand?

Comment

they only put these on a very few of their Artcore guitars, and I have no idea why.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

well, looks like it'll remain a mystery forever....

Comment

maybe those fine tuners are really intonation or height adjustments for the saddles? fuk if I know.

they are not single locking bridges though. there's nothing to lock.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Right, they are not single locking... but they are fine tuners. I have handled the model with the fine tuners several times, and also spoke with the previous owner (who happens to be a store employee) and those are definitely fine tuners.

Which is even more weird.... if there is no lock anywhere, why have fine tuners on the bridge?

Comment

Working...
            X