I got myself a vintage Ibanez Roadstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got myself a vintage Ibanez Roadstar

As I stated in my Gibson Corvus post, I didn't end up buying it. But that shop DID carry something else that caught my eye.

According to the Ibanezrules site, this is an RS 225CB in "Cosmos Blue" and is was in need of some TLC. The non-original bridge pickup (A Dimarzio, I checked that) was wired the wrong way, the frame of the neck pickup was broken and the backplate and the vibrato arm are AWOL. I payed 175 bucks for it.

But after a pit stop and a cleaning job, I found out that this Ibby is a very comfortable player, it has a nice fat neck and the uncontoured tele-like body doesn't feel blocky at all. Best of all, this guitar sounds killer, that Dimarzio really blazes.

I siad it before I'll say it again, old Ibanez Roadstars are killer guitars, grab then while they are still affordable.

They are killer guitars for the money. Nice score...

Now, that headstock? Not a fan...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Mine's similar in Ash w/a Maple board too. Plays really well.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

My first ever guitar was that model, in that colour. The neck was a dream to play. I got mine new in 1986 for £125 ($250) in the UK. I really regret letting it go. Everyone around me had locking trems and I dreamed of owning an Ibanez RS440 so that I could divebomb without worry. However, I read an article by Bernie Torme (Gillan, Electric Gypsies, Ozzy), that explained how to use a standard Fender type trem without having to install a locknut and fine tuners; the importance of stringing your guitar properly etc. It worked on my £125 Ibanez, learned all my whammy technique on that guitar...I really wish I still had it...

Comment

Working...
        X