Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My retirement gift to myself is finished!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My retirement gift to myself is finished!!

After years of debating I finally decided to break down and get a McNaught. I think that after 22 years in the military I decided that I deserved to treat myself. That and things with the girfriend are getting serious so I that played a part as well. I Think it would be harder to justify this purchase in a few more months. Although she is a sweetheart and would not have fought to much.

I have not received it as yet. I should have it in about a week. I have played a few in town here so I am sure it will play as well as those.
    It has Korina back and neck. Macassar ebony fretboard with the Phoenix Rising inlay. LR Baggs Piezo system. I decided to go with a Suhr SSV in the neck and SSH in the bridge. Will see if I like it or not. They no longer direct mount the pickups unless you request it so I can always swap them out. I guess that covers most of the basics.

Needless to say it cost me a pretty penny. Though probably not much more than a custom shop Charvel nowadays... And it only took 4.5 months from the time I ordered it until completion. I guys at McNaught are great people to deal with. They constantly kept me in the loop with the progress and they answer any questions you may have.

Here are a few pics that the good folks at McNaught sent me these pics of the finished product.

Wow......Just wow.
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Never heard of McNaught (sorry for the ignorance), how much do they cost? (this one at least) ?

Comment

WOW that is nice what kind of pickups are those? are the EMP's?
        I love the color of it and I love the back of it I like the way the plates match the grain of the wood and would you care if I ask
        on how much they cost? Well that's all I got to say Good buy there.

Rock on for Life.

Coyote: )

Comment

I have a Suhr SSV in the neck and SSH at the bridge. (at least for the time being)

Comment

that's taking it to a whole different level! The Daves are great guys. Happy retirement!!

Comment

Wow!
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

That looks really cool - one of the few guitars that I've seen that has a cooler body/back wood than the top wood Oh, nice quilt too :P

Comment

Congrats on your kick ass new guitar and your retirement. Thanks so much for your service.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                    That looks really cool - one of the few guitars that I've seen that has a cooler body/back wood than the top wood Oh, nice quilt too :P
                    lol ... some day I would like to have a solid korina axe

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                      Congrats on your kick ass new guitar and your retirement. Thanks so much for your service.
                      Thanks much!! I need a vacation after all this time. I think I will let the girlfriend take care of me for a while.

Comment

That is simply stunning. I would´ve have gone without the elaborate inlays, but hey - that´s one of the things that make it a McNaught!

Comment

Thats a stunning axe. Enjoy it.

Comment

That's a beauty all right. Enjoy !

Comment

Dayum! Another of those guitars I'd be afraid to play in fear of scratching it!
                              "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Working...
                              X