Gibson SG at my pawnshop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson SG at my pawnshop.

It's black and it's light and it's a 1990 (I think). But it's $900. I'm not going to buy it, but that's the first real SG I have handled. I was underwhelmed.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I was too the first time I played one. I was expecting the neck to be super thin and it felt like a friggin baseball bat. It was a new one with gold hardware. Looked nice enough.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Get a mid 70s SG they are the poo as far as SGs go
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
        It's black and it's light and it's a 1990 (I think). But it's $900. I'm not going to buy it, but that's the first real SG I have handled. I was underwhelmed.
        Well, they were originally made for small people like Mary Ford, not Vikings, so yeah they're pretty light

Anyhoo, did it have dot inlays, blocks, trapezoids, or lightning bolts?

If it was a 1990 it was probably an SG '90 with lightning bolt inlays - some of those even had Schaller Floyds. $900 is decent for one depending on condition, but a Faded for about $600 on Ebay would be a better deal.

Too bad the '70's models are getting more expensive - wouldn't mind picking up a Natural Burst one like I had before.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

SG's are all over the place as far as neck profiles much like Strats going through their changes.
          The early sixies standards were more thin.

Comment

I agree the necks did vary a lot I had a 68 P-90 SG and the neck was quite thin, a 72 that had a nice D profile, a 74 deluxe the neck was round on the back and like a 50sL.P.Also a first run faded w/moon inlays and the neck was more like the present day SGs.

Comment

We gotta get you to a few shops if that's the 1st sg you've ever seen
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

As big as you are, Fett, the neck may be too small for you. But I love a well setup SG, they are awesome.

Also, Gibson made a wide range of different level SGs and Les Paul shapes from Juniors up to Standards and Customs. A 3-pickup cherry or white SG Custom set up well is an awesome instrument.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

+1

Comment

Working...
                  X