anyone play one of the the new RG neck threw ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
    Well, if you search their site you'll find a couple. The MBM1 is one that has what your looking for. Also the SZ line has those specs. The SZ4020FM is quite nice...
    I did search... but gave up and joined the JCF forum ... cause the SLATQH is EXACTLY what I am looking for! Just that its out of my budget and no longer in production. :ROTF: The SZ has no inlays and the headstock is sort of...eh...non-metal looking... I had not seen the MBM1 before. That's an awesome looking guitar,but no inlays. I mean no regular dot inlays at least, they are like the Jackson stealth dots...to one side... not appealing enough.
    Sam

Comment

Neck-thru Ibanez's rock!! I've had two (still have one which will never leave).

This one sold to Mike here on the JCF (RGT3120):

This is my baby (RGT2020SOL). Nice oiled finish. If I can ever find a nice SLATQH w/ the oiled neck, I'll add it to my collection as well:

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        I did search... but gave up and joined the JCF forum ... cause the SLATQH is EXACTLY what I am looking for! Just that its out of my budget and no longer in production. :ROTF: The SZ has no inlays and the headstock is sort of...eh...non-metal looking... I had not seen the MBM1 before. That's an awesome looking guitar,but no inlays. I mean no regular dot inlays at least, they are like the Jackson stealth dots...to one side... not appealing enough.
        Seriously? Offset dots are a deal breaker? Wow, your more picky than I am...

You could also look for one of the older Artist Models like the AR2000VV. That one was pretty sweet. Wait! Headstock might not be "metal" enough...
        I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Seriously? Offset dots are a deal breaker? Wow, your more picky than I am...
          seems like that! Sorry. I've seen that most (just an assumption) signature models have very small inlays or none at all. Is that because the stage lights reflect off them and its hard to see the fretboard or something?
          Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
            seems like that! Sorry. I've seen that most (just an assumption) signature models have very small inlays or none at all. Is that because the stage lights reflect off them and its hard to see the fretboard or something?
            No need to apologise. It's all good...

I remember reading many guitarists say they go by the side dots more than the ones on the fretboard. I know I do...
            I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

No need to apologise. It's all good...
              thanks!
              I remember reading many guitarists say they go by the side dots more than the ones on the fretboard. I know I do...
              you know, as much as I try to look at them, I can never get it right. I guess I have got used to the inlays (Ibanez RG's , Jackson DK2) that while playing on the slsmg, I'm skipping notes all the time. Got to practise harder!
              Sam

Comment

Buy a PC1, with no fret markers! It really is just a quick adjustment to get your eyes trained at looking at the side position markers and many players just look at those anyways.
                I just bought this SZ2020FM yesterday. It pretty much lacks inlays, but I like that. It also had a few other important factors that I needed (3x3 tuners, short(er) scale, two humbuckers, set neck, and mahogany body with maple cap).

Comment

Working...
                X