Pickups combination in basswood RG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups combination in basswood RG?

What do you guys like? I play instrumental rock and fusion...think Andy Timmons meets Guthrie Govan meets Greg Howe...I don't really like super hot pickups, I prefer to get my gain out of the amp...it's an RG2620CBK and it has the stock Dimarzio/IBZ's in there which are similar to a Super 2 in the neck and Steve Morse in the bridge...not digging them so far...I'm open to any pickup brand...basswood throws me a bit, I'm used to Alder and Mahogany guitars.

Thanks,

-s
    Last edited by SouthernShred; 04-11-2007, 10:58 PM.

a duncan custom or dimarzio tone zone in the bridge...and either a humbucker from hell or air norton in the neck and you'll be fine...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

i always used dimarzio PAF Pro pickups when i played RG's. i really liked them. sounded a lot like the first jem guitars.....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I have a JB in the neck and a TZ in the bridge in one.
        My other has a hum from hell in the neck and a Fred in the bridge.

Both are very balanced output wise to themselves when switching from bridge to neck.

Comment

Breeds would be perfect for basswood. And, they're not too hot either.

Comment

I use a SD Custom Custom in my 560.
            -Rick

Comment

Paf Pro or Air Norton neck, Tone Zone or Norton bridge (yes Norton, very underrated bridge pickup)

Comment

I plan to go Fred/HS-2/PAF Pro in the bridge/middle/neck of my RG-style guitar

Comment

Working...
                X