Ibanez Jem77FP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Jem77FP

Always loved these and thinking of scoring one.
    Anyone own one and if so opinions?
    Finish - Neck - Trem - Pickups - ETC ETC ETC
    Thanks...
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

I had an early one a few years ago. The fit and finish were really good. Didn't like the sound of it (PAFs were to dead sounding to me at the time), and it was really lightweight and felt like a toy compared to my other guitars.....

Verdict: good guitar, just not for me!
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Just got one a week or so ago. Reminds me of an Ibanez RG5XX, just better. Neck is a little thicker and guitar just feels more solid overall. If you don't like the Ibanez RG series, you probably won't like it.

I gigged with it the next night, with great success. Got some kinda strange looks from folks, but screw em... it's still a killer guitar.

Pete

Comment

I love the RG Series, I have a RGTHRG1 and it's an amazing guiitar. So the necks are a bit thicker than normal?
        I can adapt to pretty much any neck but prefer a bit of meat anyway
        The one i'm looking at is an 88.

Comment

The Jem neck profile (pre 2005) is only like a 1mm difference than the Wizard neck. It's not much thicker, just a little rounder.
          Here's a shot of my old 15th Anniv.

Comment

Damn that's sexy...

Comment

That was one of my best scores. I got it in mint condition from a guy in Florida for $900! And, it was my only purchase to ever receive shipping damage.

The headstock got shifted during a UPS free fall and was dinged on the end. This was the point where I started using DHL.

Comment

Pic of mine....

I'm not sure if it's just 1 mm, but I can sure feel the difference. I believe mine is a 2000.

Pete

Comment

You want to give me your guitar...

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                  Pic of mine....

I'm not sure if it's just 1 mm, but I can sure feel the difference. I believe mine is a 2000.

Pete

Comment

I've got a 77FP and also a DSY with a maple neck. For some reason the DSY sounds and feels much better. I've had them both for years and rarely play either, but I still love them. Great guitars in my opinion.

Comment

Here's a pic of mine...

One thing to keep in mind if buying a floral, be sure you like the layout of the flowers. Each one is different and I never liked the way mine was done. I wish it had the big pink flowers in the upper rear bout like Twister's & BTB007's, and also the little twisty vines around the pots. Both of yours are badass! Also the headstock is layed out in a similar way, most of them are great, but I bought mine sight unseen online and although I love the axe, it could be a lot better looking.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies dudes ! The one i am looking at is like the first two. I like that pattern much more..
                        Yours still kicks ass Crazy but the other one is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye...
                        I think i am going to give it a whirl and see how it is. I'll post pics when i get it...

Comment

Here's mine:

I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

That's like Crazytrains...
                            How many pattern variations were there?

Comment

They were cut from Vai's curtains originally, and are a fabric rather than a decal or a graphic, so whichever part of the curtain you got, really!

Comment

Working...
                              X