Quick family shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick family shot...

Grabbed a quick family shot there now - not the best quality photo, and I didn't even wipe the dust off the guitars, but sure...

From L-R:

An Egmond something or other - someone gave this to me for fixing their computer

Kramer 5-string bass, neckthru cheapo job. Just for laying down demos.

Variax 500 - new (to me), fantastic guitar for the money.

Epiphone V - think it's an 80's model. I had it resprayed a while back. Why sparkly purple? I dunno, it seemed like a good idea at the time. EMG 81's in it. It's my main practice guitar strangely.

My KV2, loaded with an EMG 81/85 combo

Aria banjuitar type thing... it's on semi-permanent loan from the other guitarist in my band. Great fun.

My KV4, same pickups as the KV2. Custom-made decal so the flames match the pattern on the KV2 too.

Takemine something or other. It's a decent enough acoustic, bit tight sounding still, but probably because I don't really play it enough.

I have a few other knocking around, but they're mostly in bits or looking like they've been dropped down a lift (elevator for you Americans ) shaft.

Steve.

I like the look of that Epiphone V Steve, I missed out on a black one with trem last week on EBay, went really cheap too.
    www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Wow! that flame decal looks dead on accurate as far as shape goes. Also, I don't think I've seen a reverse head Kramer 5 string bass before. Is that from the 80's or one of the newer/current Kramers?

Rudy
      www.wickedrocks.com
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Cool. I like that purple V!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

cool banjoguitaramajig. it needs flames or something.

Comment

Those Epiphone V's are fantastic. My ex-bass player had it in his roofspace for years. It came in a fitted Gibson case (which I don't use because it smells so bad!!!) and still had the receipt inside... bought in Las Vegas for a couple of hundred dollars in 1989 or 1991. Can't quite remember which.

He resprayed it (with the same paint he used on his race car!) and made the scratchplate for me, as someone had put on an awful treadplate one. It plays brilliantly, though the single locking trem is a bit dodgy. You can't have it floating or it's just a tuning nightmare.

Like I said, it's my main practice guitar, and it sits in my living room (the rest are in the studio) where my two year old constantly whacks it with various things and knocks it over etc... and it just plays on. Can't beat free guitars.

The same guy also did the flame decal for me... I got a designer in work to knock out the graphic from a close-up photo of my KV2 and he cut the decal to fit, then lacquered over it. Unless you run your finger over it, you'd think it was painted on. A while back, I switched all the hardware over to black, but the trem was a pile of balls, so it now has the original chrome trem. Looks a bit weird, but I can't find a black original Floyd Pro anywhere.

The Kramer BASS is one of the new ones - again, it came from my ex-bass player. He ordered one from Musicyo.com and they sent two by mistake. He tried to return one, but they told him to keep it! Quality instrument that it is...

The low B doesn't make any sort of sensible note whatsoever, and it's a bit of a pig to play, but for laying down quick demos, it does the job.

Y'know reading this back, I'm thinking I should probably call my ex-bass player and thank him for all the stuff he did and gave me for free, lol

If the banjo was 100% mine, I'd definitely put some flames on the skin...

Steve.

Comment

What wood are those Epi Vs made out of?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't know - I can't find any good information on them. They're set neck, with a single locking trem. It was originally a sort of sparkly cream colour and it must have been out in the mid to late 80's. But I don't know what model it is or anything.

The neck is great on it, the frets are like new and rosewood board is 1000000x better than the one on my KV4!!!!!

If I could chuck a floyd onto it, it'd be as good as the KV4. And it only cost a coupla hundred bucks new! Nearly twenty years ago, mind...

Steve.

Comment

I've not seen that black flames on silver before. Is that a customised KV4 or discontinued finish?
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Since that is a cheepo bass I will take
                    it off your hands if you would like.
                    I'm needing a bass I would like to get a six string but I can't aford the amp too............. Your lucky when ever I work on a computer the oney thing I get is a F#@&'en head ach and won't to tose the F#@&'en thing out the window........

You got a nice set there you should be very happy
                    to have a family like that .

Rock on for Life.

Comment

Wilkinsi - it's just a decal thrown on a regular platinum KV4. Lacquered over so it looks as good as "the real thing"

Coyote - I sure am, though I'm always gassing for more Actually, as much as I'd like to have a giant collection, I think each guitar has it's purpose, and I pretty just enough of everything I need. My King V's are my stage guitars (always use a backup!), my Epi is my practice guitar, and I have my Variax for bits'n'pieces in the studio, my acoustic, my banjo, my bass... and the Egmond 1950's acoustic just for making the studio look a bit classier.

\m/
                      Steve.

Comment

Who else here plays Banjo?

Comment

nice collection

Comment

Working...
                          X