Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a bass...

OK.
    I have always wanted one of these bass guitars since I was a kid you see it alot in videos from the early 80's

It was a Jazz bass or P bass type body had a Fender headstock not sure if it actually was a Fender or a Lawsuit guitar. The most distinctive feature was the oval position inlays, multiple knobs more than two. I have seen a black and red one, they were bolt on necks headstock painted to match.

The last video I ever saw this in was Mad Season's "River of Deceit" (Its hard to actually see in that video but he is playing one).

When I was a kid I believe I saw them in a Heart video or Cars... oh well I have check my Tivo as I just saw it in an older video on VH1Classic alot of bass players were playing them in the early 80's.

I looked on bass guitar pics and google could not find it anywhere.

I have seen this same bass with dots also that was in the river of deceit video I know there were alot with Oval inlays.

Comment

They'll know on talkbass.com
      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Not sure about the type of bass, but John Saunders has been dead since '99. I didn't know this.

http://www.musiceffect.com/cemetery/john_saunders.html

Comment

Bump,

Its the Yamaha BB series bass Micheal Anthony played one as well as Mister Mister. They are going for very cheap for a quality bass.

Comment

Working...
          X