Schecter Hellraiser-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Hellraiser-7

SO, I figured instead of jumping head first into some custom shop 7 string or spending a few grand for a good ibanez 7, I went out this morning and got my self a Schecter Hellraiser 7. I gotta say, god damn my hands are tired. Making a switch from 6 to 7 and getting use to those beefy ass 56's is a pain in the dick.

The guitar isn't that bad. EMG-707's are pretty nice, the neck feels like you are grabbing onto a 2x4 because it is so damn wide. Now, I know how bass players feel. The thing I cannot stand about it is how the knobs are layed out. Vol/Vol/Tone and the top volume is the neck pickup. The thing is right smack dab next to the bridge 707 pickup and I keep on hitting it. I know this is going to take some getting use too. I can imagine after stepping off this thing, playing a 6 string is going to be noting.

All in all, the guitar actually plays really well for a 570.00 Korean peice of wood but, it sure does take some practice to get back to speed.

Oh well, back to Amon Amarth =)

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Those also have relatively thick necks so if you can get your hands used to that then switching to something thinner like an Ibanez will be easy

Comment

I really didnt find my hellraiser neck 'thick'. Wide yes but not thick. The knobs annoyed me for a bit too, but I got used to it eventually.

Actually all the problems I had with it are fixed in the Loomis sig. I'm sure I'll be back into 7 ownership again one day, and it looks to fit the bill.

Comment

I loved my Hellraiser 7, but I sold it when I got my Carvin 7 because I love that waaaaaay more. I wanted a maple board and a floyd and I only need one 7.
        the neck is not a fat on the Carvin as it is on the C-7.
        Schecter 7's have the biggest 7 string necks out there so you started on the "big" end. I had no problem playing the C-7 I actually thought it felt like a wide Les paul neck, but it does take a little time to get used to it.
        If you don't have big hands or you just like a slimmer neck profile then you should check out a Carvin or some of the Ibanez models.
        I'm going to check out the Loomis sig when I get a chance, I think it looks pretty cool.
        If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Pics?
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Took this from the site. They only seem to make this model one way, black....

-Nate

Comment

the hellraiser 7 comes in a Black cherry finish as well.
              If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

OK so after a weekend of getting use to it and using it at practice, I am starting to get acclimated to the new neck. It does take some getting used to and if you are a person that uses a lot of muscle memory(like me), it is a difficult switch. But, I feel that it is a nice intro 7 string guitar. One thing that was kind of interesting is when I first got this guitar, the board was a bit sticky. I went ahead and cleaned it with lemon oil and a rag and by the time I was done, the rag was 100% black. After that, the guitar felt WAY better to slide your hands on. I mean where the hell did they store the thing? A coal mine?

-Nate

Comment

Working...
                X