Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Guitars Came By UPS!

Which one to play? I didn't plan this!

While I was waiting for my PC1 Trans Flames sustainer to be repaired, in my furry I ordered a EBMM Petrucci in Pearl Redburst fully loaded, piezos, inlays, matching headstock, Schaller locking tuners, sick birdseye neck with Rosewood board (and no up charge for the birdseye, comes standard). It's oil and wax finished.
    Which one to play? Well the Shredders Delight of course!

My evaluation appears one week after I have been playing. I wanted to let the euphoria wear off from new guitar overload. This JP6 is truly an awesome guitar. The finish and fit is perfect. The trem has a brass block and the nut is intonated (stepped). The factory set up was dead on and every note on the fretboard is in tune!

Birdseye at the headstock

I had to get used to the neck. It is thin compared to my PC1's and 50's necked Les Pauls. Probably, those used to DK1 and KV2T and other "speed necks" will have no delay in getting used to the neck. After some time, I was getting more familiar with the feel. I had to losen up my SRV neck choker of a grip and play it more like my YJM Strat. Then, I started looking at my wrist angle and playing position and the tried and true classical hand position was there and I was playing more technically and precisely. This neck has gotten rid of the laziness in which I have been playing.
    Whammy Bends: No problem letting the strings flap in the wind and come back to tune. How come? Well Ernie Ball strings of course!
    I'm sold on the EBMM's. Yeah, this is just one guitar, but I haven't heard or read yet of quality problems from owners of EBMM guitars.
    I just put my name on the list for the Ball Family Reserve (BFR) F-1 Petrucci Limited's coming soon. That one will have a Quilt Top! Too cool! Other BFR EBMM's will be released at the same time. Hmm, maybe also a 7 string?:ROTF:

Oh yeah, I did want to mention the case!!!! It is excellent. It seems to be the same gage ABS as Jackson Charvel cases, but with molded in ridges for extra strength. Also, you can leave the trem bar on the guitar when you close the case. How cool is that!
    Last edited by Bengal65; 03-23-2007, 10:37 PM.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

very nice!!
    the Petrucci 7's are killer guitars, I say go for a 7!
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Ernie's have great necks...I love my MM, very very nice guitar you got there..

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I forgot to mention the "other" ergonomic feature, the "scooped" forearm cut away. A very well though out idea. It puts your wrist almost parallel with the strings. Very nice for palm mutting and less stress on the wrist joint. It can take some time getting used to it, or going to another guitar that does not have it and back. I know from watching JP's instructional video, he is very conciensous (sp?) of decreasing guitarist's injuries and these design features show it.

Another cool thing is playing the guitar and having the electric magnetic pup's going with the acoustic guitar playing at the same time through the piezo's! I'm using a stereo cable to a A/B box then going to two different amps.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Congrats Bengal65, those EBMM Petruccis are great guitars. I use a Radial Engineering Switchbone AB box to send the signal from mine to my Bogner Uberschall and SWR Acoustic amp simultaneously! Incredible sound

Rudy
          www.wickedrocks.com
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

congrats! i've been tempted by the petrucci many times - they are fantastic.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Funny, I had my Rick-O-Sound, "Y" A/B box/cable thingy laying around from when I play the Ric. It worked perfect. I'm running the DiMarzios into the Sansamp PSA-1/VHT 2/90/2 setup (or my MP1/Mesa 2:100) in Stereo and the acoustic piezo into the Roland Jazz Chorus 120. You can get that classical guitar tone out of the piezo's with a little EQ, then back off and get the steel stringed guitar acoustic sound. Too cool! (I say that a lot)

Hippie Tim-You need one of these

Comment

Holy Good Night!!!

That's freakin' beautiful bro!!!

Comment

Working...
                X