New floyded superstrat - $129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New floyded superstrat - $129

So I was looking for a guitar with 24 frets and a recessed floyd and came across this...

http://www.rondomusic.net/seg1std.html

I figured it would probably be crappy but thought I'd try my luck and order one in red. It arrived yesterday and I spent maybe 30 minutes taking it out and getting it set up to play. Here are my first impressions:

WOW. Looks exactly like the picture. Fit and finish looks fine, neck feels good, frets are level with no sharp edges, floyd is VERY solid. After stretching the strings out a bit I can go crazy with the floyd all I want and it stayed in tune just fine.

The bad: The frets need to be polished, they feel kind of rough when doing bends/vibrato (easily fixed in a few minutes or just let the strings smooth them out over a few days). Rosewood board is slightly dry (again can be fixed in a few minutes). Last complaint is that the pickups sound rather bland (who cares everyone changes pickups)

Overall: This is quite possibly the best deal going if you like the features and are not afraid to spend 30-60 minutes setting it up

Looks like an RG 570.
    -Rick

Comment

Layout is the same as a 570 but the neck is thicker. I'd say similar to a Jackson DK2 except slightly more round in the back

Comment

That looks to me like a 'single' locking floyd, the type where the strings run thru the 'tube' that looks like a bolt?????

Comment

This one looks promising

http://www.rondomusic.net/hornet.html

and then I see agathis why do they use bad wood? the guitar actually looks nice
          In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Wow it looks nice I don't know on how it plays but it looks nice
            I like the shape of the body a
            nd it has a nice color
            and it's a good price you can't get any cheeper then that.
            If I had the money I would buy one
            (yeah ain't that sad I don't have $130 dollers)
            But hey it don't look bad I would buy it in a second.

Rock on for Life.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
              That looks to me like a 'single' locking floyd, the type where the strings run thru the 'tube' that looks like a bolt?????
              Eh that's true but I actually think it's clever. The strings don't move at all and it makes changing strings a little bit simpler.

Comment

Made in China
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                  Made in China
                  Translation: Avoid at all costs.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I have played the SX China stuff when they actually looked like LP`s and Explorers and Teles. I owned all 3 and sold all 3. They played like stiff boards and sounded as such. Their Korean stuff is upposed to be decent.All of their guitars as far as I know also have 1 5/8 " Nuts, I can`t stand that!! That Agile Hornet may be Korean and the headstock looks almost identical to a mid 90`s Carvin headstock, not bad as some of their headstocks are fugly!! I hope yours turns out great for ya bro Jack.
                    Last edited by slayer; 03-24-2007, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                      Translation: Avoid at all costs.
                      I'll have to disagree here.
                      My Chinese Squire plays better than some of the domestic stuff Fender is cranking out.
                      So I wouldn't go labeling all Chinese guitars as shit.
                      Just MOST.
                      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                        Their Korean stuff is upposed to be decent.All of their guitars as far as I know. That Agile Hornet may be Korean and the headstock looks almost identical to a mid 90`s Carvin headstock, not bad
                        Pretty sure all the SX are the Chinese made; all Agile are Korean made.

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                        I'll have to disagree here.
                        My Chinese Squire plays better than some of the domestic stuff Fender is cranking out.
                        So I wouldn't go labeling all Chinese guitars as shit.
                        Just MOST.

Yes, well, the quality issue is only one aspect of my Chinese boycott. Chinese guitars will probably increase in quality some in the future, but I still won't buy them.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just buy an Indonesian Music Yo Kramer. I dig my Imperial (Explorer)!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            Just buy an Indonesian Music Yo Kramer. I dig my Imperial (Explorer)!

It's an Islamic guitar :ROTF:
                            I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Eh say what ya want... I've owned an SL1, RR Pro, XTRR, PC1, SL3, Fusion, Model 1, etc. and don't feel bad at all playing this instead. My playing sounds just about the same no matter what guitar I'm using (assuming it is intonated properly and stays in tune) so I just got the cheapest thing I could find that had the features I want (namely 24frets + floyd)

Comment

Working...
                              X