Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this Gibson talk!!!

I don't know how I live with this sub-standard guitar. :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Man, that looks like shit. You should have bought an Edwards or Agile. Loser!
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Listen....nobody says EVERY guitar Gibson makes sucks. I have at least 15 LP's right now. I've got Cloud 9's, CS models, USA's and Historics. Not one is "lower" than a Standard.

The point many people know and are trying to get across is that there are MANY quality problems with Gibson that just should not exist for the price. I (me, the guy typing this) have had waaaay to many new LP's arrive on the doorstep from MusicFreind and Music123 and Amercian Music Supply and who's-it-what-ver internet dealer. I check them a few times a week and if something is on close out...bam I buy it. Good example I just got a Latte Standard for $1300 (sealed box)! On top of that I buy form two other dealers that I have an " arrangement" with.

Over the last five years I have bought well over 60-70 LP's like this. Some I keep, some I play then sell on Ebay...the majority I sent back. If I got it for real cheap I could usually make $100-$300 on Ebay when it's all said and done and then move on. The way Gibson is cranking prices...it's hard not to make a few bucks.

It doesn't matter...Historic, Cusotm Shop, USA...there are tons of duds out there. You'll never convince me by showing me a picture of one nice LP. I have seen to many fukc ups from them WAAAAY to many. It would take me an hour just to type a list of all the retarded problems I have found! You could whack some people over the head with a defective Gisbon frying pan and they would say "Dood that's a sweet sounding ring in my head..."
      Last edited by Jeff Albertson; 03-15-2007, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
        Man, that looks like shit. You should have bought an Edwards or Agile. Loser!
        What the hell was I thinking, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Albertson View Post
          Listen....nobody says EVERY guitar Gibson makes sucks. I have at least 15 LP's right now. I've got Cloud 9's, CS models, USA's and Historics. Not one is "lower" than a Standard.

The point many people know and are trying to get across is that there are MANY quality problems with Gibson that just should not exist for the price. I (me, the guy typing this) have had waaaay to many new LP's arrive on the doorstep from MusicFreind and Music123 and Amercian Music Supply and who's-it-what-ver internet dealer. I check them a few times a week and if something is on close out...bam I buy it. Good example I just got a Latte Standard for $1300 (sealed box)! On top of that I buy form two other dealers that I have an " arrangement" with.

Over the last five years I have bought well over 60-70 LP's like this. Some I keep, some I play then sell on Ebay...the majority I sent back. If I got it for real cheap I could usually make $100-$300 on Ebay when it's all said and done and then move on. The way Gibson is cranking prices...it's hard not to make a few bucks.

It doesn't matter...Historic, Cusotm Shop, USA...there are tons of duds out there. You'll never convince me by showing me a picture of one nice LP. I have seen to many fukc ups from them WAAAAY to many. It would take me an hour just to type a list of all the retarded problems I have found! You could whack some people over the head with a defective Gisbon frying pan and they would say "Dood that's a sweet sounding ring in my head..."
          Yeah! That's a very interesting story...

BUT!

As much as we are ALL aware of the quality control issues at Gibson, I must admit that they really don't relate to me, or most of the guitar playing public. Ya see, I don't buy lots of guitars. In fact, if I didn't make the mistake of selling my mid-eighties LP Custom, we wouldn't even be discussing this at all and I probably wouldn't know of, or even care about the troubles at Gibson.

It's kind of strange that I ended up with two LPs because that's really unlike me. If I had a thousand guitars, only one of them would be my favorite and that's the one I would play. The rest of them would just sit there and collect dust.

Personally, I would rather have ONE guitar that means the world to me, rather than a hoard of guitars that I'd be willing to dump at a moments notice.

Bottom line... If it isn't MY baby, I don't want it at all.

Hell, I already got rid of that Charvel I picked up last month.

And by-the-way... I'm NOT trying to convince you of anything!!! The ones I have are good, they're mine and I don't want or need another.

Ya know, you really are an instigative individual. Geeezzzzz man!
          Last edited by KennyF; 03-15-2007, 08:54 AM. Reason: spelling, duh!

Comment

Sweet 58...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Graphic View Post
              Sweet 58...
              Thanks!!!

Comment

That's some gorgeous grain on the back, and a nice top, too! Wait, I mean, it sucks... let me take it off your hands for very cheap. :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is a nice one. Enjoy.

To Jeff Albertson: I wonder if the way you buy them makes you more likely to see duds. I can't say I'm surprised that you have seen lots of substandard stuff buying off the web from the McMusic places.

Comment

The better part of my experience affects my judgement when it comes to Gibson, when I say this.

Your guitar looks great! I'll bet the truss rod not is crossthreaded. There's always going to be a least on fukc up on every Gibson.

Seriously, tho it does look good.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      That's some gorgeous grain on the back, and a nice top, too! Wait, I mean, it sucks... let me take it off your hands for very cheap. :ROTF:
                      Thanks! I think I may be in the minority of those who actually prefer plain tops.

...and plays like shit too. :ROTF:

Comment

Here's another chunk of firewood.

Two of those elusive "GOOD" Gibsons in one place??? Can it be???

Comment

LP ownwers are such snobs.I've delt with some anal retards in the past over such trivial shit as "the pickup rings are off by 1 millimeter","the bridge saddles arent cut deep enough","I wouldnt own that its got a 2 piece back and the strap button is off buy a 1/16 in".
                          They are great guitars tho'.
                          These are made 1 at a time and will be different in some dimensions so get over it.
                          Last edited by straycat; 03-15-2007, 10:45 AM.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Me either dude, I am such a sucker for getting rid of my old Jackson Rhoads...I guess I was pretty drunk at the time

Comment

Jeff,
                              The problem is when you try to bring up Gibsons issues lately, people take it personally. Like your saying "Your Gibson is a piece of shit". Thats not what you said, thats what they hear. So they make threads like this to prove that THEIR Gibson doesn't have any issues. I think they are trying to convince themselves more than the person bringing it up. Seems like that to me...

Kenny,
                              Before you go slamming me, your guitars do look nice. I'm glad your haven't had a problem with any QC issues. Keep buying them and I'm sure you'll run into something...
                              I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X