No announcement yet.

New Guitar! Schecter joins the family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coyote, you asking about that RocK master Preamp right? Its based off the... the...I forgot the name but last I heard its supposed to sound like the peavey XXX. Its got an overall bright sound to it.

i was thinking of getting this to have a tone similar to a 5150's but looks like this is not the one if you are looking for a dark sound.
    Sam

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
      the abalone on the body and headstock turned me off when i looked at pictures, but in person its a whole nother story. pictures dont do it justice IMO...but everyone likes something different

and actually the fretboard DOES have binding. i could take a close picture but it wouldnt turn out...but you can clearly see it if you look at the fretboard.
      abalone! Thank you. My memory is getting weak.

Yes, if I were to buy a hellraiser it would have been this (except for the binding part) since this is the one with the maple top right? I was attracted more to the black variant of this model (just because it did not have the binding. lol) but the black is just mahogany with no top. I heard since mahogany is a softer wood than maple, the black guitar will scratch easily if its hurt beyond the thin lacquer coating on the top.

but what hurts me more is the deceptive way schecter marketed the hellraiser saying jeff loomis plays this guitar and all that. 1 year later, jeff comes out with a signature which is completely different from this guitar. Imaging how many Nevermore fans would have bought this guitar thinking their Icon is playing this exact model and then BAM! a 7 string! Never am I gonna buy a new guitar just because someone I like I playing the exact model.
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        abalone! Thank you. My memory is getting weak.

Yes, if I were to buy a hellraiser it would have been this (except for the binding part) since this is the one with the maple top right? I was attracted more to the black variant of this model (just because it did not have the binding. lol) but the black is just mahogany with no top. I heard since mahogany is a softer wood than maple, the black guitar will scratch easily if its hurt beyond the thin lacquer coating on the top.

but what hurts me more is the deceptive way schecter marketed the hellraiser saying jeff loomis plays this guitar and all that. 1 year later, jeff comes out with a signature which is completely different from this guitar. Imaging how many Nevermore fans would have bought this guitar thinking their Icon is playing this exact model and then BAM! a 7 string! Never am I gonna buy a new guitar just because someone I like I playing the exact model.
        i love Jeff LOL hes great and while hes not playing a Hellraiser (i never saw any ads that said he was...i thought he just played C7's? he played a C7 with a Floyd at the show i saw him at...it was green) so hes playing a similar guitar. just with 7 strings. i know younger kids wouldnt really know the difference...but i could easily tell they were playing 7 strings even before i saw any pictures because of the leads. but thats marketing for ya...theyll do anything to sell something. i let the instrument sell itself, regardless of the marketing...but younger kids are more attracted to what their heros use (i know i was back in the day...)

yea, this has the maple top...i wouldnt say the Mahogany would get scratched any easier...the finish seems pretty solid and its gonna get scratched anyways one way or another (im not just gonna let it sit in the case!) my PRS is pretty beat up...scratches, chips in the finish (you can see bare wood!) but that just adds to the look IMO, as like the old Fenders that sell for 20,000 bucks, you can tell they have been played and loved!

the maple top adds to the tone as well...adds a little brightness. im sure the all mahogany model would sound a little warmer on the high end, while this one has that snappy attack to it.
        My metal band Lucian Scott
        Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
        Available Now!
        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

the maple top adds to the tone as well...adds a little brightness. im sure the all mahogany model would sound a little warmer on the high end, while this one has that snappy attack to it.
          +1 to that! My Dean hardtail (maho with maple top) has that bite that my slsmg (all mahogany) does not. but the playability, weight and looks of the slsmg are much better compared to the hartail select.

i love Jeff LOL hes great and while hes not playing a Hellraiser (i never saw any ads that said he was...
          I could have sworn i saw Jeff's pic in the background when you click on the hellraiser on schecter's website. now its showing someone else's. Man! Those scumbags! LOL
          Last edited by emperor_black; 03-14-2007, 02:27 PM.
          Sam

Comment

Coyote, you asking about that RocK master Preamp right? Its based off the... the...I forgot the name but last I heard its supposed to sound like the peavey XXX. Its got an overall bright sound to it.

i was thinking of getting this to have a tone similar to a 5150's but looks like this is not the one if you are looking for a dark sound.
            the Rockmaster is basically the preamp of the old Ultra series (before the Ultra Plus series), which the XXX and JSX are also related to.

the tone itself is awesome...its got the signature Peavey mids (if youve played Peaveys for a while you know that sound...some people hate it, some love it. i love it). the gain is much less saturated and clearer and tighter than the 5150 (i should know, ive owned my 5150 for 11 years now!) but it has more than enough for anyone on the Ultra channel IMO. the clean channel is clean...not really sparkly or anything, but much better than a 5150 clean, the Crunch channel can be very gainy (more than enough for any rhythms IMO) and the Ultra channel can get the super-death metal high gain.

the active EQ on the preamp is very touchy too. a small movement of the knobs makes a big change...i keep the high end around the middle, mids a little lower than the middle (there is plenty, believe me), and the lows up a good bit, although that might change with my 4x12. the pull-shift for the mids is really awesome...can go from a marshally higher mid sound to a more Mesa low-mid thump just by pulling that knob out. lots of tonal options!

and the poweramp is really cool...very simple, mono...but LOTS of power. you can get the stereo models for a little more cash, but i dont need that (but they do have presence and resonance controls so you may want that).

i just need a rack to put them in now
            Available Now!
            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

+1 to that! My Dean hardtail (maho with maple top) has that bite that my slsmg (all mahogany) does not. but the playability, weight and looks of the slsmg are much better compared to the hartail select.

I could have sworn i saw Jeff's pic in the background when you click on the hellraiser on schecter's website. now its showing someone else's. Man! Those scumbags! LOL
              those pictures change...they just pop up random artists who use Schecters LOL doesnt matter what model it is. LOL
              Available Now!
              New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Working...
              X