Gibson BFG Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson BFG Les Paul

I generally do not give two sh!ts about Gibson guitars. They are generally overpriced for the features, have inconsistent QC, and just don't do much for me. However, the BFG Les Paul actually looks really cool...the trans black version anyway. I'm not interested in the "relic" look, but 1) the finish is one of the coolest flame tops I've seen, and 2) I'd much rather have a blank fretboard than chunks of plastic.

I haven't had the chance to try one, and am not in a position to buy right now, but it's the first Gibson in years that was worth a second glance.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
    I generally do not give two sh!ts about Gibson guitars.
    +1

They are generally overpriced for the features, have inconsistent QC, and just don't do much for me.
    +1

However, the BFG Les Paul actually looks really cool...the trans black version anyway.
    +1 +1

I'm not interested in the "relic" look,
    +1

[/quote]but 1) the finish is one of the coolest flame tops I've seen, and 2) I'd much rather have a blank fretboard than chunks of plastic.[/quote]
    ++1

I haven't had the chance to try one, and am not in a position to buy right now, but it's the first Gibson in years that was worth a second glance.
    Plusplusoneone!

What initially attracted me, was the humbucker + P90 combo.

Comment

You realize the top (or back) is not sanded and you can actually feel the raised grain, right?

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007 View Post
        You realize the top (or back) is not sanded and you can actually feel the raised grain, right?
        Yup. I have two Jacksons like that (TH-2 Stealth and DR-2 Dinky Reverse, both with satin over ash) and it's very cool. The wooden knobs are a bit lame, but everything else looks good together.
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, They finally made it here. I tried one today and was sorely let down. Any BFG owners able to get a good setup on these? The pickups were pretty lame too.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

not flame top just the rough cut of the arch top isn't smoothed out
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
            X