• PRS landed, plus a question for the PRS folk

Here's what was written in the pickup cavity:

CU22FQWFSH

CU22 - duh
    FQ - Flame Quilt?
    WF - Wide Fat neck
    S - Stoptail
    H - ?

What the heck is 'H'? oh, there was also a '10' written in there too. She's purty! Anyone know what these codes mean? Thanks in advance!

Pete

H - or HOT as all fucking hell??!!
    That is a sick top, I don't know what H means sorry but that is an incredible looking guitar. Priced around a Charvel or Jackson these days, isn't that stupid?
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Wow nice guitar! Priced around a Jackson or Charvel? All the shops here charge 4K+ for PRS and some of the tops are not as hot as that one. 10K+ for the private stock ones. There is an absolutely beautiful one I am dying for in Ikkebe Gakki but I won't spend 10K for a guitar.
      1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Did some poking around on birds and moons, it's a Semi-Hollowbody. Fairly rare, not insanely but not something you see very often either. Elderly has one without a 10 top or quilt for $2k, so I think I did pretty good.

Pete

Comment

Does it have a 10 written on the back of the headstock, off to the right near the tip? That would signify a 10 top. Probably what the 10 in the pickup cavity means also.

How you do like the rotary pickup switch? Nice sound options, but kinda hard to switch fast at a gig.

Comment

Yeah, it's a 10 top. I like the tones, but switching fast at a gig is going to be a bitch. This guitar freakin' sings though...

Pete

Comment

Nice score, Pete! Absolutely gorgeous.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That is fucking amazing. If you jumped into that quilt, you would drown...

Comment

Wow!! That's an absolute stunner!

Great score Pete!

Comment

convert it over to the mccarty switching.
                    3 way switch plus a push/pull pot.
                    makes switching alot faster.

Comment

Oh Pete......Love it.
                      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by data187 View Post
                        convert it over to the mccarty switching.
                        3 way switch plus a push/pull pot.
                        makes switching alot faster.
                        My '91 and 01 custom 24s have the McCarty switching... I'll have to see how well this works though, would rather keep it stock if at all possible. I'm digging it though!

Pete

Comment

That's one good lookin' axe, congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys. I should have taken a pic with the stoptail removed - the color is actually Royal Blue. Some PRS blue, purple and green guitars faded really badly. This one looks almost like an old pair of blue jeans... the fading seems to help make the tops have more depth.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
                              Thanks guys. I should have taken a pic with the stoptail removed - the color is actually Royal Blue. Some PRS blue, purple and green guitars faded really badly. This one looks almost like an old pair of blue jeans... the fading seems to help make the tops have more depth.

Pete
                              the red ones did too. sweet guitar, i think im one of the only people who prefers the rotary switch. after a while it gets as easy as doin volume swells.

Comment

Working...
                              X