New year, new guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New year, new guitar...

I've been wanting a traditional strat forever, but I could never find a model with the right options... until now. While getting ready to grab an EJ strat, I looked up and there it was... I didn't even know these existed!

Behold the Fender Custom Shop Pro Closet Classic Strat! Maple board with 12'' radius, medium jumbo frets, American Deluxe type trem with pop in arm, roller nut, locking sperzels, pre CBS headstock, SCN pickups, and slight factory relicing. I'm really digging these strats! The neat thing about the new guitar is the neck... it has a satin finish that is very thin for a strat. It almost feels like the finish (or lack of one) on my Charvels. The American Deluxe FMT I got recently is below... I'm in love!

Last edited by khabibissell; 01-11-2007, 10:27 PM.

Love the white one. I'm a sucker for the old headstock.

Comment

groovy! dig the big headstock
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Very nice. I've always liked the White on White Strats.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Love the amber FMT. I'm a sucker for ebony fretboards.

How's the 9.5" radius FMT neck feel compared to the 12" on the closet classic? I've been itch'in to get an FMT, but the 9.5" radius scares me!

Comment

I've been playing the FMT more than my Charvels lately, so I can't say I notice much of a difference switching back and forth between the FMT and the CC. Going from the Charvel to the FMT is noticable, but even that is not that big a deal anymore. You'll be fine.

If you are into the FMT's, get one, you won't be disappointed. Mine is absolutely flawless, and is easily on par with the PRS CE24 I had in the quality department. The neck and middle SCN pickups are darker than most strat pickups. The bridge has a "buttery" quality to it if that makes sense. It is very smooth. It also has that S1 system, so there's a ridiculous amount of pick up combinations available, almost to the point of overkill IMO. The trem along with the locking tuners and roller nut works great. The guitar will stay in perfect tune unless you dive the bar all the way down to the body, and even then it doesn't go out too bad. The bar is thicker than the ones on ordinary strats, which I like too. They are a winner in my book.

Comment

Very nice strat, love the 12' radius!
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

The white one is teh shit.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Congrats! That white CC is a great mix of classic looks w/modern appointments. Now just scallop the board and it will be perfect
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

that's a great guitar!

one question, you call the large head stock the "pre CBS" HS.

isn't the large HS the CBS HS, because I thought the smaller one was pre-CBS, i.e. before CBS bought the company in the early 70's?
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I dunno... I always thought of the big one as "pre CBS". They were using it in the late 60's to early 70's from what I understand.

Maybe one of the Fender guys will come in and set the record straight..

Comment

well there are only two sizes, and the small one was before CBS bought the co. the big one was in the 70's when CBS owned the co.

at least that is what I was taught in Guitar Lore 101
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                        X