Look what I bought!:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I bought!:)

Hehe, I was hit by the "buy an old piece of crap"-syndrome today, and actually bought this...80's Yamaha Se700 e...It looks like it's a SD Invader in the bridge, and that's one of the few pluses on this fiddle But how can I tell if it's an Invader?Is there any markings on it?

Yeah, the guitar needs some work, but the plan is to yank the humbucker out and put it in my model 3 - so I see it as getting a free guitar! YAY!!

And soooo sorry for the crappy pix!!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Hey! It's got the Per Welinder sticker on it, like Fett and I were discussing the other day!

If it's an Invader it may have "SH-8" on the back, although some of the old ones weren't marked.

Comment

Originally posted by circle of the tyrants View Post
      Hey! It's got the Per Welinder sticker on it, like Fett and I were discussing the other day!

If it's an Invader it may have "SH-8" on the back, although some of the old ones weren't marked.
      Oh crap, were you looking for a Per-sticker? I just threw it in the bin...Sorry, I didn't know, and I want the guitar as clean as possible. It's not a bad player actually!!

Any views on the Invader?

Comment

IIRC, the only pickup that uses those huge poles is an Invader.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          IIRC, the only pickup that uses those huge poles is an Invader.
          Yeah, and it says Seymour Duncan on the baseplate, but nothing else, and i take it that the Invader is the only SD's with these huge poles..
          Lucky me!

Comment

Does anybody have a clue on what kind of single-coil this is?
            Yeah, it's probably a longshot, but maybe someone here knows?

It's in the neckpos of the Yamaha, but it's soldered in, and it's not a professional job - so I figure it's not original and it might be useful for something else

Comment

Anybody?

The pickup has three holes in the top, and a plastic frame around that, you can probably see it in the pic..The inside, to me, looks like some sort of ceramic - but I don't know much about singles so I need some help

Comment

Working...
              X