Fat Strats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Strats

I may be very old, but what I know is the defintion of a "Fat Strat" is the thickness of the body and has nothing to do with the pups. Much more wide than a regular Strat. Prove me wrong. I dare you.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

dare accepted! i'm (relatively) young, and i've only known the term "fat strat" to denote a humbucker in the bridge. its a generation thing!

Comment

and phat strats would go right over fetts head, regardless of how tall he thinks he is over the internets

Comment

I´m pretty young, 24, and I can honestly say I´ve never heard anyone regardless of age use "fat strat" as anything other than having one or more humbuckers. Fett´s gotta be yanking our chain!

Comment

You spell it wrong.It's Fett Strat.
          I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Here's a double fat Strat. I'll let you guess why it's called that !!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

I have been a Strat player for over 20 years. I had never heard the term "Fat Strat" until the last ten or so years when people started referring to the pick up configuration. I have never heard a refrence to body thickness. Do you have any examples of a fat bodied "Fat Strat"?

Comment

And here I was thinkin a strat with a hum was called a Charvel ;P
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by heartfielder View Post
                  Here's a double fat Strat. I'll let you guess why it's called that !!
                  I cant imagine how thick that guitar is!!

Comment

Here's my Double Fat Strat, too. It's Heartfielder's twin, only with a hardtail bridge. Teal Green Metallic rules!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by thebisch View Post
                      I have never heard a refrence to body thickness. Do you have any examples of a fat bodied "Fat Strat"?
                      Fett's smoking rocks or something. :ROTF:

Fat Strat = 1 humbucker with 2 single coils.

Double Fat Strat = two humbuckers.

Comment

i don't know about that one..... besides he 6'4"...... golly green giants don't lie(im a midget, personally i'm scared of the man)
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          i don't know about that one..... besides he 6'4"...... golly green giants don't lie(im a midget, personally i'm scared of the man)
                          You're perfect height to head-butt him in the nuts. Then run fast; he's old and can't keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            You're perfect height to head-butt him in the nuts. Then run fast; he's old and can't keep up.

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF: LETS SEE WHAT FETT SAYS NOW
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

im 5,7 mind you

Comment

Working...
                              X