Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Rich NTs

Hey everyone,
    I'd just like to know if anyone has seen one of these things in person or owns one. If Jackson doesn't come up with a decent V at this year's Winter NAMM, I'm seriously considering getting the BCR. Neck thru and a nice quilt top will most likely let me forget the Widow headstock, and with decent pickups.. who knows... they're pretty cheap as well.
    Thanks in advance!

Aren't they building BCs in Kazakhstan these days?

Comment

Hey Cristoph, what's up?

I've actually just bought two NT Jr. V's. I'll get back in a couple of days with pics and a review.
      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I've seen one in person, a trans-purple quilt NT Warlock, at Amptown in Hamburg.

It played pretty nice. Action was a bit high, but I believe it would have been all good with a simple setup job.

It sounded like a muffin... uh, I mean, quite muffled.
        You know that nice unplugged responsive ringing when you strike a chord on your Jacksons. It wasn't there on the BC Rich.

The quilt looked like a photo, completely two-dimensional and boring. You have to see it in person to believe how bad it looks.

Before encountering this guitar, I thought those NT models would actually be decent. I was WRONG!

They also had two models from the Classic series, both of which looked and sounded alot better than the NT Warlock. So either the NT series sucks in comparison, or this is a typical case of "try to find one and hope it's a good one".
        They are probably pretty hit and miss (made in China, you know). So trying out in person is must here.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
          Aren't they building BCs in Kazakhstan these days?
          China...all of them.
          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Sounds pretty amazing so far.
            Anders:
            Great, looking forward to it! I'm also looking forward to seeing you and Coldworker with Necrophagist in Essen in February

Comment

Yeah, well, I bought a trans black and a trans red. The trans red had a fukkin horrible setup (thanks to the nice people from the Swedish BCR importer who "set it up"), but after I installed an x2n and set it up, it became awesome actually! Looks stunning in the stage lights, and plays/sounds great!

I returned the trans black one, some idiot at the factory grabbed a hold of the guitar before clearcoat had dried... And they send that stuff out!??! Even worse, the Swedish importer sends it to me, with the tag saying that it's been checked in all areas, including finish... BS!!!! I hope the replacement is good!

Comment

I only have one pic of it so far, and unfortunately it's not very good, but here goes anyway:

Cristoph: Man that would have been a blast!!! But we've been forced to jump off the tour! It sucks, but it's a case of insanely bad timing with work (not my fault :P )
                I hope it wasn't the last train leaving the station... Hopefully we'll be able to tour sometime later next year, that would kick ass!!!
                Last edited by Anders; 01-03-2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I'll try to go a little more in depth, although I don't have the guitar at home.

It may be true that it's somewhat of a case of "hit and miss". But the trans red I have is a good quality build! 3-piece neck through with a nice ebony board (not dyed rosewood!). The fretwork is really good, and the inlays look killer IMO!

The flametop veneer is so thin it's sick... so no 1" slab of maple there, haha! Looks great on the red one though... not as good on the black IMO. Nato body wings. The neck is absolutely not wizard thin... but it's no baseball bat either. I find it really comfy, and I don't have any problems playing it.

The trem is the usual pot metal junk... but I try not to use the whammy bar, and so far it has been holding tuning really well. I WILL install an OFR sooner or later, since I don't want the junk trem! It seems like the tuners are totally OK though.

It balances really well, which is a major issue for me!!! I was a bit nervous before it arrived, but it's great! No neck dives!

Can't think of anything more to add right now, other than if you get a good one, and maybe mod it to you specs, and give it a good set-up... you're in for a treat!

Comment

Nice pic! Looks nice, as far as one can tell from that.
                    --edit--
                    Also thumbs up for keeping the good european tradition of wearing camo trousers at gigs
                    --edit--
                    Well, that sounds pretty bad, but from what we've heard about the latest Jackson runs I'm not all too shocked, honestly. The BCRs definitely look nice from dealers' pics, but then again which guitar doesn't. For the record, my WRMG has an almost ridiculously thin veneer as well, but so long as it looks good I can't be bothered to care too much. Of course I'd prefer a nice top, but I definitely won't get a USA custom - maybe a JacksonStars, if I can be at all bothered to pay that much.
                    I'll just wait and see what Winter NAMM brings, then I'll decide whether or not I'll get a BC Rich and change everything or a Jackson KVX and change everything plus the neck.
                    Maybe they'll really add a KVMG or something to that effect. That would rule.

Work got you kicked off the tour? Now that just about sucks, it would've been a blast I presume. Necrophagist rule, the location is good (we're gonna play there tomorrow with One man army&the undead quartet) and it's gonna be fucking packed there... shame, really. :/

Comment

I have 5 neck-thru USA BC Riches that I really like. One of them is a custom shop V with an arch top and reversed headstock Two of them are bichs and the other two are warlocks. I still prefer Jacksons though...

Comment

Well the USA stuff is in a different league...ahem...should be.
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                        X