Poor thing ... *sniff*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor thing ... *sniff*

Look at this poor soul that SeventhSon George helped me rescue from an abusive owner. Worst case of buckle rash I've ever seen, actually eating into the wood. After a shower and a shave, this baby cooks !!!! Can I get an AMEN !!! from other Proline 1770 owners ??? This poor guy needs an extreme makeover to build up his self esteem. Any suggestions ??? I'll have to consult with guitar beauty coordinators Mark & Dave on this one. Really a true gem of an axe. Try one, you'll love it. Ebony board, triple bound neck, preset pup switches, Edge Trem, IBZ pups & really nice feel with a VAST array of tonal possibilities.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by heartfielder; 12-14-2006, 01:02 AM.

poor garbage man....

Hope he didn't catch anything toting it out.

Comment

I had some prolines back in the day, nice guitars with crappy pups. I had a frost pink hss and a Rhoads model hh. I like the push buttons on yours, my friend had a copper one! Nice find!
      Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Dude, you could make that look awsome!!
        Just take off the crappy gold paint job.
        Last edited by Bandersnatch; 12-14-2006, 06:27 AM.
        If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch View Post
          I can't but I know who can ...

A new pickguard and an awesome paint job and this baby is ready for a night on the town !!!

Comment

Nice!
            I haven't seen one of those for a long time.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

That looks a lot like my old guitar. I traded it in to Luso's (now guitar asylum) about 10 years ago. Did you get that locally? I remember it being heavy as hell and the silver paint was turning that yucky greenish color form the fading clear coat. I still have the ugly green Ibanez case for it. I keep my pink HM strat in it. Hows that for irony.

Comment

Is that the headstock joint between the E and A tuners?

The guitar looks kinda cool though. Congrats.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  That looks a lot like my old guitar. I traded it in to Luso's (now guitar asylum) about 10 years ago. Did you get that locally? I remember it being heavy as hell and the silver paint was turning that yucky greenish color form the fading clear coat. I still have the ugly green Ibanez case for it. I keep my pink HM strat in it. Hows that for irony.
                  No I didn't get it locally. George (SeventhSon) helped me get from a guy in Seattle. I have a Gold one. This is the silver one and has turned a shitty shade of green indeed. But what a player !!!!! I may just get this one souped up and sell the gold one. Here's the gold one with a Budman pickguard:

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

My suggestion would be to get it sprayed a decent colour
                    http://www.bcrichplayers.com/

Comment

I think it's fine "as is".
                      A little buckle rash never kiwwed anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandersnatch View Post

Hey now, Elvis might be listening.
                        "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                          Is that the headstock joint between the E and A tuners?

The guitar looks kinda cool though. Congrats.
                          Yeah, it's a two piece neck, and those are the pieces! That's how they did them back in '85. Those are great guitars, I wish I still had my old gold one!
                          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Cool axe! Pick a color!
                            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Ooh! I had one of those, a black one!
                              Great guitar, once I'd got the hang of the switches.
                              I swapped it for a Model 3, which, to tell the truth, wasn't as good...

Comment

Working...
                              X