RG Something refin & mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG Something refin & mods

I actually don't know what model this is, but it's an RG something I got for $40.00. Looked like a blank canvas to me!! I know it's still nothing special but it was a fun little cheap project. The color is a wierd purple pearl I picked out of the paint chip catalog, and it changes color from dark to light purple. I also put the lightning FX in the clear like I did on the orange one. That's what's causing the "sparkly" look over the logo.

My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

nice 1

i really like 1 hum guitars and ibanez 1 hum looks sweet (especially dino cazares lacs 7 :-) )

how did you fill the route for the neck pickup ?

Comment

Go here skar: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48539
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Heh Ron, I supposed i was just curious if it was the infamous Bondo or did he put some wood in that

thx mate

woohoo.... I have more posts than You :PP

Comment

it's not bondo, it's "body filler".

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Looks like an RG220

Comment

That looks really great. You do nice work.

Comment

hey, you can polish a turd!

seriously though, looks very cool. How quickly do you bang these things out?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

what a rejuvenation!
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Excellent. If I recall correctly, that LO-trs2 trem can be changed directly with an OFR. tha'd be a helluva parts mutt for cheap, I love those Wizard 2 necks!

Comment

Dude painted over the neck pup, selector switch and tone control.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey dude, im pretty sure its an RG470, does the serial number start with a C or an F?? If it starts with a F, you got yourself a japanese made 470 for cheap.
                          If a fat girl falls in the forest, and no one is there to see it, do the trees still laugh??

Comment

The back of the neck had been sanded and the sticker was gone, so I have no clue. Nothing in the neck pocket either. The neck looks and feels almost identicle to my RG570. (except my 570 is an older one without the AANJ).

Comment

Working...
                            X