Westone owners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westone owners!

Hey I have an 86 Westone Dimension IV, trans red, and Im looking for parts for the Bendmaster FT trem and also plates and bolts for the locking nut. If anyone has Bendmaster parts, or a jacked up one they dont need, please let me know. This shit is hard to find.

If I have to, Ill just put a non-recessed Floyd Rose in it. Has anyone done this? Any mods to the body to do this? Is there an actual design difference between a recessed FR and a non-recessed or is it just how its mounted in the guitar? Thanks.
    Pointy guitars KICK ASS!!

Recessed Floyd has a shorter spring block than non-recessed, but the blocks are interchangeable.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Go to the westone forum lots of great guys there they may be able to help you out.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Bound to be something on ebay...can we see pics of your Westy?
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Yeah Im on the Westone forum, it seems to be a cool place, but man, posts are few and far between. I think theres only like 600 some members! Of course I have a simular thread as this one there, but no dice so far, so I thought Id post here too. I check ebay daily, damned elusive Bendmaster trem. And I just need those 3 little pieces to make this bitch playable! Pics of the beast here: http://www.whirligigworld.co.uk/cgi-...164684793/s-0/ These Matsumoku guitars are truely underatted. On par with the build quality of my Jackson considering it was made in 86, and thats saying alot. Like the idea that its old and unique.

Comment

I'm with you on the build quality statement. Sometimes the Bendmaster could be found on the cheaper guitars in the range, so that maybe an idea. Got one on my Spectrum...

Comment

That's strange I don't recall ever seeing a Spectrum with that weird headstock, ever come with a bendmaster, usually it came with that cheapo trem you see on Charvettes, Series 10's or BC Rich Platinums of the late 80's. The Spectrums I've seem with the Bendmaster are the later models which basically look nothing like this 1986 Spectrum, more like a Model 4 Charvel.

Comment

Sanctuary: Yours is a Bendmaster Deluxe while mine is a Bendmaster FT, but Im assuming they're interchangable? Not parts, I mean one will bolt up in place of another?

Newc: Thanks for that info on the sustain blocks. If I cant find a bendmaster soon, Ill take it up to my guitar shop and see how a FR fits. Only reason I hesitate: if I get a FR its gonna be an original....$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                  That's strange I don't recall ever seeing a Spectrum with that weird headstock, ever come with a bendmaster, usually it came with that cheapo trem you see on Charvettes, Series 10's or BC Rich Platinums of the late 80's. The Spectrums I've seem with the Bendmaster are the later models which basically look nothing like this 1986 Spectrum, more like a Model 4 Charvel.
                  I ordered it/bought it, so there's no denying it's factory. Traded another Westone Spectrum ST (dual hum) in on it with the cheapo trem. It had the same headstock too. For some reason, Kiwiland got a lot of the Spectrums back in the eighties. You should see the fretwork on the SX, it's amazing. And I have seen another Spectrum with the Bendmaster Deluxe.
                  Last edited by Sanctuary; 12-09-2006, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonWarrior View Post
                    Sanctuary: Yours is a Bendmaster Deluxe while mine is a Bendmaster FT, but Im assuming they're interchangable? Not parts, I mean one will bolt up in place of another?
                    Damn, looking at the catalogues the FT is a whole different trem. Sorry, I didn't realise this. And so I can't really answer. Have you asked on the Westone forum??

Comment

Better pics for the doubting-Thomas-dudes amongst you. :ROTF:

It's actually trans-red but the angle of the sun just makes it look red.

Comment

Working...
                      X