No announcement yet.

My Newest Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yours looks like a studio lite, i wonder if there is much difference between the two.

I have tried dimarzio already which has a shorter tab then gibsons normal pickups, I am thinking of maybe looking for a direct mount pickup, they have to have the tabs that are level with the base plate.

And yes I can probaly use normal pickups on the Les paul lite hard tail, as there is no floyd route, but i havent even tried removing those pickups yet.

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
    Mine came with the bridge pickup swapped out already. I think its a duncan? So other pickups will fit in there. I'm on a business trip so I can't look at the guitar to see if they did anything special to get that in there.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      Hey don P Shaws are marked 137 and 138 on the base plates and read 12.5 DC.Very brittle IMO but worth lots o cash
      I know the 137 and 138, but you are way off on the ohms reading. They never got over 8k, and typically were 7.5K.

Mine read 8.09K and 8.52K - too high. But they have all the other traits of the Shaws - white plastic spacers, wire color, bobbins, etc.

The inked numbers are completely rubbed off, but I could barely make out the last 4 digits on one pickup - 1283, meaning mine were made in Dec 1983.

I got these with my LP Classic, but it currently sports a zebra pair of 4 conductor 496R/500T, 4 520K pots (the tones are push/pull to split the coils) and a .015 neck and .022 bridge orange drop caps - from Black Rose Custom

Sorry, I know you are very close to RS Relics, but I still cringe every time I look at the tuners I bought from them that looked nothing like the website pics (or real 50s tuners for that part). I guess I'm still holding the grudge against them.
      Last edited by DonP; 12-08-2006, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Siggy, I just received a pair of pickups from http://www.has-sound.com/ and they're pretty short. I compared them to my 498T and the entire pickup is only as tall as the baseplate of the 498T. I measured them at only 2cm tall from top of the bobbin to the bottom of the tab. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
        X