PRS Swamp Ash Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS Swamp Ash Special

This came in a few weeks ago, it's a killer one. The pics are rather lame but the best I have at this point. The SAS is a 2001 Model.

Tarbaby Fraser.

wow, I love that!

I'd do without the sustainer in the middle position (I just don't like a p/up there, it gets in my way), but that's freekin nice! and a maple board to boot.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I love transparent finishes over ash. I'm not a big PRS fan, but that looks great!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
        wow, I love that!

I'd do without the sustainer in the middle position (I just don't like a p/up there, it gets in my way), but that's freekin nice! and a maple board to boot.
        That's not a sustainer, its a Duncan Vintage Rails. The tone is a pull/push switch that engages the middle pickup (switching system 1996 to mid-2003):

- 2 PRS McCarty humbuckers with a Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails in middle position
        - 3-Way toggle, master volume and tone pot with push-pull
        - The push-pull pot, in the up position, activates middle pickup and renders the bass humbucker to a single coil
        PUSH-PULL DOWN POSITIONS
        • Position 1: Treble Humbucker
        • Position 2: Both Humbuckers
        • Position 3: Bass Humbucker
        PUSH-PULL UP POSITIONS
        • Position 1: Full treble humbucker and middle pickup
        • Position 2: Neck single coil, middle pickup and treble humbucker
        • Position 3: Neck coil and middle pickup

Comment

I have the same one but with a 5 way switch and the middle pup makes the pickups sound in splitposition so much more strat then a strat does
          (so the middle pup has to stay )

Comment

Working...
          X